Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D
Guy,
I decided to hold off a few days on the stock 170 testing, and finish up all my modified head & induction parts. I want to test everything at once. Besides, it's been very, very cold. So I sat down and fabricated what I thought would be the ultimate induction system. Practcal, and saleable, no, but it does clear my leg., and boy does it move the air. The engine winds up much, much faster than with the stock air box. The tuning is for a 5000/5500 torque peak. Will I make any more, NO. It took 4 long days of work, probably worth about $750.00, but it's got that In Your Face look to it. I'll take a few shots when the body work is mounted tomorrow.
Brian

·
Registered
998 Posts
Holly molly, starting to look like some type of S&S Harley motor build.
I like your design and engineering, keep up the testing and fab.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
When its sold will it actually be called kick ass ram induction system? cause that would be awesome :D

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ram Induction

Guy,
Think about why I did this for a second:
First, there is no better design for a manifold, turn the runner, and the air flow goes down.
Second, if you are walking by, say at Road America, and you see my Grom, chances are you will stop and look. What is my Grom, advertizing, plane and simple. I'm not producing this manifold for anyone else, or to sell. It has two goals, to make power, and to look different. If you see 15 Groms at a motorcycle show, and they are all the same, but one stands out for almost any logical reason, 90 out of a 100 will stop and look at that one. Then I have a chance to talk Grom parts.
Have any of you seen the Monster Energy Girls?
Exactly, which one that you are staring at, are you taking home to MOM, see my point!
Brian

·
Registered
998 Posts
Guy,
Think about why I did this for a second:
First, there is no better design for a manifold, turn the runner, and the air flow goes down.
Second, if you are walking by, say at Road America, and you see my Grom, chances are you will stop and look. What is my Grom, advertizing, plane and simple. I'm not producing this manifold for anyone else, or to sell. It has two goals, to make power, and to look different. If you see 15 Groms at a motorcycle show, and they are all the same, but one stands out for almost any logical reason, 90 out of a 100 will stop and look at that one. Then I have a chance to talk Grom parts.
Have any of you seen the Monster Energy Girls?
Exactly, which one that you are staring at, are you taking home to MOM, see my point!
Brian
I'd take all the girls "wahine" home just as long NO is not in the vocabulary and they are over 21 yrs old and not to BIG.;)

Hey keep up the good work on your GROM Mod designs.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
insert awesome video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAT7ixWylV8"]HERE[/ame]

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
you should consider selling some of this stuff :D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
he couldnt be happier that day :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts