Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The concept of the Grom is extremely cool but i cant get past the fact that it reminds me of kids in the neighborhood on their pocket bikes.

Not to mention the safety factor involved, i know its a "mini" bike but it has no balls, even from a safety sense. We all know how tough it is to be a rider out there, and the Grom just doesn't seem to have the power to get me out of trouble safely.

Mind you if you do fall off the worst you'll do is a scraped knee ;)

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
If you have seen the other threads about guys over in Thailand wrecking you would think other wise. This is far from a child's toy. You can still get hurt real bad on two wheels. this has the looks of a pocket bike but the comparing a 125cc to a 50cc is a long way off.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think the problem is that the bike is neither for kids nor for adults. Grown ups will get uncomfortable with its small size (especially if you are tall) and it has too much power to buy for your kids. In the same vein, it doesn't have enough power if you are an adult.

A great bike, but I think that it is useful in few circumstances.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just really depends on what your going to use it for? I wouldn't say its a great highway commute since top speed is like 65mph. But it would make a great bike to ride up in the mountains with lots of sharp turns.

·
Registered
995 Posts
LOL @ A Grom being a Kid's toy, it's far from it. Go 60MPH on the Grom, fall, and tell what happens ;)

You seriously need to ride one, then maybe you'll realize what kind of a toy it is, it's a big boy toy

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
If im going down id rather it be on something that I wont leave me around to tell the tale
:confused: wrong attitude. everyone goes down. most just get back up.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
this gives me a good idea... We should have a race with 50cc pocket bikes and see what happens. good comparison right there.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
this gives me a good idea... We should have a race with 50cc pocket bikes and see what happens. good comparison right there.
there are spec racing classes for minis ;) and spec racing pocketbike classes. i hate pocketbikes though, too twitchy and i'm too big for them. I barely fit on a mini

·
Registered
288 Posts
People ride mopeds every day with out issue this bike has about 10hp in Michigan a moped has to have less than 2.5HP(to get a moped plate). With 4 times the power and 4 times the gears not to mention a clutch I think you will be fine.

Next you will ask 9mm, .40 or .45? and start a big old fight.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think the problem is that the bike is neither for kids nor for adults. Grown ups will get uncomfortable with its small size (especially if you are tall) and it has too much power to buy for your kids. In the same vein, it doesn't have enough power if you are an adult.

A great bike, but I think that it is useful in few circumstances.
i do not agree at all.. the bike is not uncomfy... the problem is that you compare the grom to any other bike.. the small honda bikes are one of a kind.. if you see the history from the Z50A to the honda ST70 to the honda Baja.. the bike is good for its kind..

to make a long story short, the bike is an superfun bike to be a hooligan arround town! the way it should be :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
People ride mopeds every day with out issue this bike has about 10hp in Michigan a moped has to have less than 2.5HP(to get a moped plate). With 4 times the power and 4 times the gears not to mention a clutch I think you will be fine.

Next you will ask 9mm, .40 or .45? and start a big old fight.

I think it'll have enough power to keep with traffic around town, but on the highway, not so much.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
i do not agree at all.. the bike is not uncomfy... the problem is that you compare the grom to any other bike.. the small honda bikes are one of a kind.. if you see the history from the Z50A to the honda ST70 to the honda Baja.. the bike is good for its kind..

to make a long story short, the bike is an superfun bike to be a hooligan arround town! the way it should be :)
Word.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts