Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a conversation with a certain European bike shop and this was an interesting bit of information. He strongly suggests staying away from Yuminashi products because they may be the first but use customers to do the testing and has only experienced problems.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
yes so far those who have tried the Yuminashi bore kit have been saying it isn't amazing.

I was expecting Kitaco to come out with one.

I would love for some more info :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually discussing exhaust options with this company, but this info was just friendly bit of insight on the side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If Kitaco or Takegawa brought out a 125cc higher compression piston kit and a head I would invest in it. I dont need more displacement. I have other bikes for that. I would like a lil more compression and torque tho and possibly in the process a lil bit more horsepower. Would just like to tweak what the GROM is just slightly. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Agreed bagwell a flowed high compression head would be awesome a stocker from honda is only 100 bucks im buying one to mess around with
port polish some valves if I can find something I can make work and shave a couple thou off see where it puts me

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
but if you are taking it apart you might as well go for a little bit more CC no?

Reactions: WoodLow

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had hoped they would have a little bigger bore kit than that, but for ~$200 it'll just depend on what reviews I see from the people who bite on it.

I'd rather have at minimum 150+ to make it worth me taking apart and getting tuned.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Pulling the head off is hardly taking it apart. All the displacement in the World wont help if your head wont flow it. 125cc's is plenty for 200 lbs of bike its all about efficiency

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree it's not much work... just waiting since the bike is so new. More parts are popping up every week. I've contemplated doing a port/polish on my stock TB, but again taking my time because the best builds aren't put together overnight

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ive been super busy with work and the other bikes that I own by I will soon be pulling the head off to do some porting like ive done with my ruck motors and harley heads

1 - 18 of 18 Posts