Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, who scuffed their pucks in on the Grom already?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm nervous about this because I am so tall. I will opt for knee pads liely when riding so that I don't get any road rash (one of the worst kinds of rashes.)

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm nervous about this because I am so tall. I will opt for knee pads liely when riding so that I don't get any road rash (one of the worst kinds of rashes.)
tall = easier to drag knees. however you need to work the upper body on the bike as well.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean work the upper body? Lean my upper body into corners too? Or just wearing upper body gear?
lean upper body. the butt off the seat and knee way out is less important than shoulders and head being over
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL54cMxILRU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL54cMxILRU[/ame]

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
nice video. learnt some stuff. I'm more interested to see if anyone has dropped their GROM yet :O

·
Registered
186 Posts
I need a tighter canyon. My local playground, I go through pucks like crazy but on my 929rr carrying speeds of about 70-80mph thru turns. I took the Grom up there and just couldnt carry that speed. Thats Idyllwild tho. Ill have to truck the Grom out to palomar soon. Its a lil tighter. I got a vid of the the Idyllwild ride on my channel.

·
Registered
134 Posts
MrGrody that was a great video, will def subscribe to your channel

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I need a tighter canyon. My local playground, I go through pucks like crazy but on my 929rr carrying speeds of about 70-80mph thru turns. I took the Grom up there and just couldnt carry that speed. Thats Idyllwild tho. Ill have to truck the Grom out to palomar soon. Its a lil tighter. I got a vid of the the Idyllwild ride on my channel.
if you don't make it, i'll have mine at the track on the 22nd :p

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
thats because the GROM doesn't even get to 70mph in general.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I already took the Grom to a gokart track and it took a while until I had a proper kneedown, because I was very carefull at the beginning, dut to the soft suspension. But after 2 good laps I started to drag the pegs and the boots as well and that wasn't fun anymore. I forgot to try without the peg screws, but they are actually short, so I do not think that it would help.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I already took the Grom to a gokart track and it took a while until I had a proper kneedown, because I was very carefull at the beginning, dut to the soft suspension. But after 2 good laps I started to drag the pegs and the boots as well and that wasn't fun anymore. I forgot to try without the peg screws, but they are actually short, so I do not think that it would help.
Feelers are the most pointless piece of equipment ever arent they?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
videos are needed :motorcyclesmilie:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my camera with me, but when I charged it the day before I used a new charger and it turned out on the track, that it did not work. :mad:
I wanted to be the first one to post an onboard track video, but unfortunately I failed. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts