Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 21, 2013, here it is with a real member sitting on one. Now for reference, I'm 5'9", weight 209. Oh Ya I can pick up that bike with no problem but Honda reps would not let me pick it up.

For me the tail section that your lic will be attached to does not look that bad.

click Pic below for Video, it will load/buffer than play

This is also a video with no one sitting on it, click pic and video will load and play

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I hope more people can do this so we can all get an idea of how different shapes and sizes fit on this.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must have talked to all the Honda reps there and some who might be high up at Honda MC office, so I mentioned about the variations of the down payment from various sector of the USA and I said some Dealers are asking between $200 and up to $500 deposit.

I did mention that one member on one of these Grom website that was started in the USA mention that their deposit was non-refundable and the Honda Rep said that it should not be that way and they might look into it if they start having complaints about non-refundable money for the Grom if the buyer does not get their m/c-Grom.

So I sort of put in a good word for the USA buyers of the Grom so we don't get screwed over.

On the side note the GROM was one of the biggest hit and most asked question about the MC at Laguna Seca

The Honda Rep said that the dealers and sales persons can't buy the Grom for them self for the first year and all Groms must go out to the customers, seems reassurance to me that Honda got a Hit and they know it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
im surprised at how big the Grom looks in this picture, in all the other pictures i've seen of it, it just didn't appear that big.

wasn't there a picture of a grom next to a CBR250 somewhere on this forum?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did mention that one member on one of these Grom website that was started in the USA mention that their deposit was non-refundable and the Honda Rep said that it should not be that way and they might look into it if they start having complaints about non-refundable money for the Grom if the buyer does not get their m/c-Grom.
Thanks for asking about that, good to know. I can't be the only one on here with a non refundable deposit can I?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for asking about that, good to know. I can't be the only one on here with a non refundable deposit can I?
The Rep said that each dealer sets their deposit standard and it is up to them to the dealer how much.

If you get screwed over and the dealer is a real Honda dealer ship contact Honda USA and make a formal complaint about that dealership.

Now if you signed a piece of paper that you agree with the terms of non-refundable than that might be another story and you might have to take the dealer to court to get your money back.

Don't sweat it, because Honda Main head quarters will do good for their customers but the dealer's integrity would be tested and his dealership could be MUD if we all ban together "Grom members and internet Grom followers" would post how bad this dealer is. Just make sure you get all your marbles in a row and you have all your facts before going in for the internet KILL/SMEAR campaign.

Re-read your contract and deposit sales slip, if it is not in writing you win.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Rep said that each dealer sets their deposit standard and it is up to them to the dealer how much.

If you get screwed over and the dealer is a real Honda dealer ship contact Honda USA and make a formal complaint about that dealership.

Now if you signed a piece of paper that you agree with the terms of non-refundable than that might be another story and you might have to take the dealer to court to get your money back.

Don't sweat it, because Honda Main head quarters will do good for their customers but the dealer's integrity would be tested and his dealership could be MUD if we all ban together "Grom members and internet Grom followers" would post how bad this dealer is. Just make sure you get all your marbles in a row and you have all your facts before going in for the internet KILL/SMEAR campaign.

Re-read your contract and deposit sales slip, if it is not in writing you win.
Yeah I'm not really worried about it, it's a reputable powerhouse dealer. Nothing in writing, was done over the phone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I must have talked to all the Honda reps there and some who might be high up at Honda MC office, so I mentioned about the variations of the down payment from various sector of the USA and I said some Dealers are asking between $200 and up to $500 deposit.

So I sort of put in a good word for the USA buyers of the Grom so we don't get screwed over.

On the side note the GROM was one of the biggest hit and most asked question about the MC at Laguna Seca

The Honda Rep said that the dealers and sales persons can't buy the Grom for them self for the first year and all Groms must go out to the customers, seems reassurance to me that Honda got a Hit and they know it.
A deposit assumes that the buyer will have the opportunity to actually take possession of an item. If the bike is not available anyone who has paid a deposit may have a case to take them to small claims.

4 questions I would ask.

Did you take the 300 bucks as a deposit from me?

Did you give me the opportunity to buy the bike?

How long has it been?

I wasn't aware this is Vegas ...Was that a raffle ticket I bought?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A deposit assumes that the buyer will have the opportunity to actually take possession of an item. If the bike is not available anyone who has paid a deposit may have a case to take them to small claims.

4 questions I would ask.

Did you take the 300 bucks as a deposit from me?

Did you give me the opportunity to buy the bike?

How long has it been?

I wasn't aware this is Vegas ...Was that a raffle ticket I bought?
:)Yep:hellangel:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts