Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched the video on lane splitting. I live in Texas , in the summer it gets hot all my bikes are air cooled I can't sit in traffic it's not legal here so I have to be careful. Not just the police but the cagers that think you are cutting in line, they have puller over to stop me from passing them. I try not to get upset they don't know my bike can over heat. Some times I get to politely educate them... LMFAO!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most people don't follow the actual rules either.
Like, only splitting between two lanes of traffic is allowed, no driving on the shoulder.
Cannot exceed speed of traffic by more than 15mph.
No splitting over 35mph.
No splitting on the bridges.

Thats just a few

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Noone follows the rules. People go way too fast and they split between everything at anytime.

I think it's a good idea but it does need rules.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I actually don't lane split all the time in California. Sometimes it doesn't work as when there are huge buses/cargo vans next to each other. Also pulling in front of a car if you're not going faster is plain RUDE. I've had scooter riders pull in front of my car only to slow me down, and well... I learned from being the victim of that it's not cool. Don't piss anyone off that might road rage against you.

I also hate when scooters/motos ride in bicycle lanes. That's trashy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I remember reading an article where they were trying to legalize this in TX last year. I didn't hear anything else about it. Given the backing of law, I'd do it for sure. 110 degrees with crazy humidity and a bike that idles at ~230 in the summer time is not fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the idea of lane splitting my bikes are big that's why I hope to win the contest. A bike like that would be a blast

·
Registered
13 Posts
My boss keeps saying how one time some biker lane splitting hit the mirror on his car, so now he says when he sees them coming, he'll open his door on them.
It's not legal in this state, and I've heard the stories before of drivers opening their doors or trying to block lane splitters.
My bike has a fan, it hasn't come close to overheating yet, but sitting stuck in traffic does suck, still not worth getting killed over though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cant lane split on my V Star. Handle bars would be hitting mirrors all the way down the road. Always got my eyes in the mirrors when stopped in traffic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not allowed in WI either... It sure is nice to ride in a state where it's legal - although it takes a bit of getting used to when you haven't done it for a long time...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I only split when traffic is stagnant, also I go very slow and cautious.:D
just get off and push it :D great exercise! and legal! lol

1 - 20 of 95 Posts