Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
lots. as the rider you will be the limiting factor (your shins and boots will scrape before the bike does)

Reactions: Jared

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Nah, mine will lay all the way down and scrape accross the track several times without me I'm sure lol
that's after you've gone and fallen off, not before

when I drag knee, i drag both at the same time. and my helmet. and the rest of me :p

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
We need some crash bars,sliders,or something to help protect the bike when the angles reach the OH $h!T! point.
minis generally crash pretty well due to low weight and lower speeds. but yes, sliders are going to be high on the shopping list

Reactions: Administrator

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
My mini bikes all have axle sliders, peg sliders, hand gaurds and barend sliders. The peg sliders and bar end sliders take most of the abuse. So far knock on woodi have not needed to replace a single lever from a fall. And my 150r has been on the ground more than dirt.

My 150r is stock height with stiffer springs and lots slower valveing and still drags foot pegs while knee down ridding style is used. It has 125gp slicks on 17 inch rims, if you get them warm the lean angles are pretty nuts.

·
Registered
237 Posts
We have local parking lot races and I know they race everything up to 150cc.if I can enter one with the grom,I'm gonna beat the piss out of it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not much lean angle. One of the recent trick riders was scraping something...probably the foot peg in a recent video and it didn't look like he was leaned very far.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts