Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my lighten flywheel and oil spinner back from JCracing. These lighten parts should give my Grom motor a faster spin up time and cruzing speed between 20mph and getting on the throttle a faster response.

Here is the Flywheel before and after wt and pic

Flywheel wt before sending out, 2.6 lbs or 1210g

after lighten 2 lbs or 919g,
notice the metal was machine from both sides of the magnet pick up tabs which there are 9 of them.

The oil spinner before sending out for lighten, 2.27 lbs or 1030g

after lighten, 1.08 lbs or 492g

notice the amount of machine work, it removed the outer layer 3 holes

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks great. Results?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great. Results?
pre-ordered most of my stuff and bought a spare unit of most things, rims, flywheel, oil spinner, swing-arm, cylinder, head, etc. That way my Grom will be in break in mode for a month than I start adding modified parts and looking at results.

I need a stock Grom in all original form and I will be doing baseline data gathering and than I will ride it for a month just to see what other people discovered when they got their grom. I assume I will be doing a documentary with my gopro camera as I go along with my build.

My Grom came in at Hollister Honda and they are preparing it for pickup this coming week.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So how is this coming along? Im curious to see how much this makes a difference... Should rev a lot faster now...
Been busy studying for my Advance FCC Ham radio license so been slacking off on the build.

The build will go on my second Grom and not on my daughter's Grom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts