Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my lighten flywheel and oil spinner back from JCracing. These lighten parts should give my Grom motor a faster spin up time and cruzing speed between 20mph and getting on the throttle a faster response.

Here is the Flywheel before and after wt and pic

Flywheel wt before sending out, 2.6 lbs or 1210g

after lighten 2 lbs or 919g,
notice the metal was machine from both sides of the magnet pick up tabs which there are 9 of them.

The oil spinner before sending out for lighten, 2.27 lbs or 1030g

after lighten, 1.08 lbs or 492g

notice the amount of machine work, it removed the outer layer 3 holes

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great. Results?
pre-ordered most of my stuff and bought a spare unit of most things, rims, flywheel, oil spinner, swing-arm, cylinder, head, etc. That way my Grom will be in break in mode for a month than I start adding modified parts and looking at results.

I need a stock Grom in all original form and I will be doing baseline data gathering and than I will ride it for a month just to see what other people discovered when they got their grom. I assume I will be doing a documentary with my gopro camera as I go along with my build.

My Grom came in at Hollister Honda and they are preparing it for pickup this coming week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.