Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone still without their Grom and curious. Although i would take the piece with a grain of salt because they mention the Grom not being freeway legal, but i know some of y'all have been out on the freeway already... Unless its just a California thing...

They hate the seat but who doesn't?

A friend managing the pop-up store for Kanye West’s Yeezus tour called and wanted to know if it could spend a couple days there, helping them sell t-shirts.

I was honestly surprised they went for the Grom. While we motorcyclists know small equals fun, I didn’t expect non-riders to take it seriously. But, when I rolled it into the Melrose storefront, the sales girls and too-cool-for-school managers all lit up with smiles.
Living With The 2014 Honda Grom - Long-Term Test: Month One | RideApart

·
Registered
995 Posts
Being related to hip hop i would have expect a big sport bike or a harley road king lowrider to be used to promote this stuff as it appeal to that demographic more, never would have thought a grom.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It certainly is a more in-your-face design than the Grom. They could have at least used a Grom that had some work done on it. I'm glad to hear that the Grom gets good reactions from random folks who you drive up to.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the thing about the grom is its accessible. a big slammed busa or that R1 above are both pretty too look at but not for non motorcycle people, they just don't have the appreciation for the work or the weaponry. The Grom is a draw, fully functioning little mini. I'd say the Grom actually draws more attention than a slammed custom...

·
Premium Member
941 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
It certainly is a more in-your-face design than the Grom. They could have at least used a Grom that had some work done on it. I'm glad to hear that the Grom gets good reactions from random folks who you drive up to.
Yeah the grom gets around to be liked by everyone. No one has said anything negative. For each person that ask what is it love it in the end.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yeah the grom gets around to be liked by everyone. No one has said anything negative. For each person that ask what is it love it in the end.
not surprised, at first i had my doubts about the Grom when I first saw it. I though "why would i even want a dinky bike like this". Understanding what it is and it's purpose goes a long way. Now I really want one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There are not many bikes out there that alow you to use its full capabilities on the street, I think thats what makes the grom so much fun...

·
Registered
995 Posts
There are not many bikes out there that alow you to use its full capabilities on the street, I think thats what makes the grom so much fun...
That's the key thing. Being able to push hard and max it out on the street creates a very rewarding feeling especially in the way the Grom does it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts