GromForum.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm looking for a commuter bike (10miles) and then saw the contest and figured why not. What's up

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
welcome to the forum wlorton! the grom would make a good commuter bike for sure.. have you had a bike for commuting before, if so, what was / is it?

joe

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually just ridden dirt and was looking at larger bikes such as the 500F and FZ8

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
ah nice.. have you had a look at the new fz-09 if you-re considering an fz8? there's a bit of an abs controversy over it as the eu version has abs but north america's does not.. fz8 is pretty sexy though:

can always get both, an fz8 and a grom :)

joe

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I had a 02 FZ1, it was fast but I wasn't a big fan. Sold it and bought a CBR1100XX

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah nice.. have you had a look at the new fz-09 if you-re considering an fz8? there's a bit of an abs controversy over it as the eu version has abs but north america's does not.. fz8 is pretty sexy though:

can always get both, an fz8 and a grom :)

joe
Yea I'm a cheapass and looking to get a single bike lol...

Apartment living means no garage... I'm tempted to see the capabilities of the Grom and just ride it inside lol. Kidding

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a 02 FZ1, it was fast but I wasn't a big fan. Sold it and bought a CBR1100XX
The fz8 felt very comfortable. The other comparable Hondas weren't quite as comfy. I felt like an ogre on the 600RR but the 500F wasn't bad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Grom in the Mountains

Great to see a new forum on this new bike. I hope this makes a great bike and bike community even better. I live in CO and need a commuter bike and a street bike.So excited to ride a Grom in the mountains.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts