Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I admit that I'm doing this to get in on the sweepstakes but I think this has to be one of the coolest bikes out there and there's a good chance I'll get one whether I win or not. I'm not just starting out -- I've been riding for 35 years and currently own a BMW RT1200 and a Suzuki Vstrom 650, but this would be the perfect bike to ride around town. That might be the practical reason but there is just something about this bike that makes me want to own it, and I'm not sure I can put my finger on it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome!

TBH im also here for the giveaway but im slowly becoming more involved in the forum, not just here for a free bike!

Pretty cool someone like you that owns some awesome bikes wants a grom. How soon do you plan on getting one?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I've always kinda wanted a scooter for around town and to get better mileage, but I like the seating position on a real bike better. With an MSRP pretty close to a Ruckus it's not a bad deal for an around town gas sipper.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
A lot of people found there way her for the free bike but has found themselves to come here for more than that. Good crowd we got here. Ever now and then I someone will post something awesome and funny to make my day go well.

The Grom is definitely good for a daily commuter around town. Regardless of age you will still have fun on the grom.

Welcome!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I've always kinda wanted a scooter for around town and to get better mileage, but I like the seating position on a real bike better. With an MSRP pretty close to a Ruckus it's not a bad deal for an around town gas sipper.
It's a sipper alright :p

I can't wait to take her around town and make some noise. It's the perfect size for me so I have no complaints on that. I will have to get an aftermarket exhaust just to be safe though.

Welcome to the forum MJDO!

·
Registered
25 Posts
this will be my first street bike (all dirtbikes before). I was originally going to get a honda rebel, but with the light weight of the grom it seems for a perfect toy. the highways around here are scary as hell anway (people suck at driving in virginia)

·
Registered
128 Posts
For ease of riding without having to shift and the built-in storage most scooters have for a light shopping, they are still the ultimate city ride. I like shifting too but in busy traffic it can become tiresome. There are advantages to shifting, like being able to accelerate faster, once you get good at shifting. One time the Grom might do better than a 125 cc scooter is on a steep hill where you can drop down to 3rd gear and keep the revs up high so the bike can go maintain a faster speed on the upgrade. Popping the clutch and peeling out is fun too. Ain't nobody gonna replace my Vespa 300 though. 82 mph for the interstate, purrs like a kitten, comfortable seat, lots of storage, keeps ahead of traffic. If I could only have one bike...perish the thought...it would be the scooter. The Grom will be my 4th bike and I will ride it hard and fast and try to make a nuisance out of myself. It will be my hooligan bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts