Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was kind of a tight fit but nothing a little playing with would not fix. I used the OEM signals and the bolts that came with the tidy tail. Being that I have the Tyga can the fit using the stock blinkers worked fine. I did put a bracket extender in to aim the exhaust tip down a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks nice! My Tyga Maggot and Tidy Tail are on the way. Where did you order the rack from? The Ebay one has an outrageous shipping fee, but if thats what I have to...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
money! tail tidy looks good. Got any clips of the exhaust? luggage rack in use?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah, no videos but there is a guy with the same can on his Grom and when I heard it I knew it was the right exhaust for me. The stock can is so quiet I couldn't even hear it at the stop light. I'll be riding all day Sunday on a Island here in Washington. I'll get some pictures in action.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine sounds just like this.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=152nXYeIflw&feature=player_embedded]Honda msx 125 fitted with tyga carbon exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nice work. I couldn't get mine to go on no matter what I tried, so I sold it. I'm going to go with the tail cowl anyway. I have other bike to commute on. This is purely for fun.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For fun

Tony, you had problems with a rack and tidy tail? What rack did you get?
Mine is pure fun too but I still wanted a rack to hold a six pack. haha. Here is Seattle we get a bunch of small bikes together in June and ride around an Island.

Nice work. I couldn't get mine to go on no matter what I tried, so I sold it. I'm going to go with the tail cowl anyway. I have other bike to commute on. This is purely for fun.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Tony, you had problems with a rack and tidy tail? What rack did you get?
Mine is pure fun too but I still wanted a rack to hold a six pack. haha. Here is Seattle we get a bunch of small bikes together in June and ride around an Island.
I got the rack everybody else is getting. Just didn't have the patience that night I guess. Lol! :D

Reactions: Gromlin

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks nice. I just put on a tidy tail and I'm planning on doing the rack next. I rode to work one wet morning and that little tire can throw a lot of water on my back. I figure I could strap something to the rack on soggy days to serve as a better looking fender.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rack made of tube

Its all tubing. its light but still beefy enough to pick the bike up with it.

Can anyone tell me whether the rear rack is made of tube or bar stock?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A CNC grom rack would be cool.

I say get on it before someone else does.

Hmmm.... Im a Pro Moto Billet dealer... they make some awesome aluminum CNC racks for DRZ400s and other bikes, I will contact them and see if they have an interest....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.