Honda Grom Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows what the maintenance schedule is on the Grom?

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
Reactions: FunSize

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for sharing the link. It looks like the valves need to be checked at the initial 600 miles and then every 2,500 miles. That's a lot! :eek:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Right but your talking about removing 4 cover bolts on two covers that have o-rings. Making sure the cam is on the round part and not the lobe and then sticking a feeler gage in on one valve under each cover. You could do this while you are waiting for the oil to drain during a oil change. If it needs adjustment its a bolt and screw. No cam to pull out or time.

Seriously most of the time your going to stick in the feeler gage and say yeah still good.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
agreed. small motors like this are so easy to work on and maintain. anyone can do it. and if you don't want to there are many shops that can for a reasonable price (not labor intensive)

·
Registered
128 Posts
gavinfdavies was kind enough to send me a pdf file which shows the valve check/adjustment procedure in detail complete with photos for the MSX125. It looks easy. If an administrator wants to furnish me with an email address, I will forward it to the forum for everyone to see. Thanks again Gavin. You da man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts