Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so in my area i am surrounded by red lights that don't go green unless it detects a car. Of course it never works with a motorcycle so I bank on hoping there is already a car there and if not I set the bike and walk over to press the button for crossing.

Has anyone found a solution that actually works? I've read positive and negative reviews on most of the products I've come across.

Reactions: tagway

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Turn right, do a u-turn and go straight or turn right

Or run it

Reactions: aprilfools

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what I've been doing recently when I'm too lazy to get off and press the button :D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be waiting forever. Or at least until a car shows up. Sometimes at the middle of the night I just sit there and zone out for like 10 minutes and nothing happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They just passed a law here in Utah that you can turn left on a red light if you wait for 1.5 minutes and it doesn't change.

I think most places you can just run them if you've waited for a bit and you make sure it's safe and clear to do so. The cops don't really care...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
61 Posts
what about that magnet deal...or is that a myth..get a rare earth magnet and stick it on the bottom so that when you role up to a redlight your electro-magnetic field is bigger (because of the magnet) not sure how redlights are triggered now a days.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lots of states are passing laws allowing bikes to run lights after a set amount of time, and in some cases treat lights as stop signs. You might look into local laws there may already be something in place to allow you to go.

I typically end up running them, but I heard you should report them to whatever authority handles them because if they don't trip for a motorcycle they aren't installed correctly and need fixed.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
You might want to check when you are riding. Some lights are actuated only at certain times of the day.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I put the magnet deal on my TU250. If you get right over a sensor strip, it seems to work. I was opening the auto gate at my job, where I couldn't before.

G19Tony says: True! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
#6 the sensors in the road....I always tried to stop on the "tar" line where they sealed the road after they set the sensor

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ive seen some write ups on youtube for using magnets, i planned on doing that to my supermoto when i get home since it seems to never trip lights, the grom will def need it as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
so in my area i am surrounded by red lights that don't go green unless it detects a car. Of course it never works with a motorcycle so I bank on hoping there is already a car there and if not I set the bike and walk over to press the button for crossing.

Has anyone found a solution that actually works? I've read positive and negative reviews on most of the products I've come across.
magnets seamed to always work for my bike
i genrally put them on the lowest part of the bike
most of the time its on the rear hub bolt

·
Registered
12 Posts
make sure you stop over the sensor line on the road and if it isn't picking you up then put your kickstand down. usually works for me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
This worked for a friend of a friend of mine. She placed four powerful magnets under the fairing of her 650R...two on each side i think. She tested it out in a Burger King drive-thru till it registered.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
drive through a burger king with a 650r.

now that is boss.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts