Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello grom forum!

I am very excited that Honda has taken an interest in introducing a plated funbike in the US market. I currently ride a modified 1st gen SV650, but I've owned many other bikes in the past including a Honda F4i and Hurricane. Can't wait to see this little guy in person!

Justin

·
Registered
995 Posts
welcome to the forum
glad to have a mechanic and true enthusiast here. are you going to add the grom to your collection or sell one or more of them before/after getting the grom?

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Welcome aboard! Are you a car or bike mechanic?

any pics of your sv650?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do classic car restorations, mostly Alfa Romeo.

My love for bikes ebbs and flows. Sometimes I get on a big bike kick and want to do a ton of bike stuff (recently built a Yamaha FZR400 with a 600 motor and custom streetfighter stuffs for a friend) and other times I want to do more car stuff (right now have a CooperS, Miata, and Alfa GTV in the stable).

My SV is set up nicely with front fork cartridge emulators, a penske rear, 2g cam swap, and full m4 exhaust. I would love to do a GSXR front fork swap (I had done it on a previous SV and loved the swap) but don't have the $$'s right now. But it wouldn't be any use posting pics, looks pretty much stock! Here's a photo of the FZR I built for my friend though:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
welcome to the forum
glad to have a mechanic and true enthusiast here. are you going to add the grom to your collection or sell one or more of them before/after getting the grom?
You know, I've been trying for years to settle into a two car, two bike arrangement. Daily driver, project; daily rider, project. Right now I have one too many cars, so I'll have to get rid of one before I even consider a second bike. It can be a bit hard to justify a bike like the grom, since it has a limited function, but that's also how I felt about the Miata and I do EVERYTHING with that car....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts