Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Doesnt seem like too killer of a deal, but they are great tires - what I run on my Grom and have in stock for other customers.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just put mine on last night. They don't feel much different to me but I have not got the Grom to the track yet and that is where I would have noticed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wonder how much wider is the 140/70/12
140/60-13 - - $57.99

Free shipping good
Just make sure you order the 140/60-12 for $50.99, not the -13 you listed above if you plan on trying to fit the bigger one as it's for a 13" wheel and the Grom has 12"; that for SURE would not fit. And either will be 10mm wider.

IMHO, I think it would be a mistake, the rear is not lacking in grip, really, and the the larger tire is added weight which in my thought process on an already underpowered bike would slow down not only the acceleration but slow the handling too which is what normally happens with larger tires.

YMMV, however.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jury is still out on what is best, but I am going to try Dunlop TT93's since those are Dunlop's new Dot legal scooter racing tire (TT92's have been quite popular for mini racing along with Bridgestone BT-601ss and a few more esoteric options). The scooter racing set are limited to 100/90/12 and 120/80/12 so we'll see how that feels compared to stock.

The Dunlop's are definitely more expensive than power pures, but still cheaper than the hard to source Bridgestones.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The Michelins feel as soft or softer than my Dunlops when I dig my finger nails into them. Not that it means anything at all. Give me a few weeks and if the weather is nice mine is going to the track.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts