Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out the door just before 7pm central. Drove it home using the longest, most convoluted path I could come up with. I now have about 40 miles on it. I wish there was a place to put my wallet or phone. I guess I'll have to fix that. Needs a better seat and louder exhaust. I really wanted a black one, but this red looks better in person that I thought it would. Still need to get the white skins in. Without a doubt, it needs a tidy tail. This growth on the back has to go.

Hit 55 on flat ground tucked down. 260, a little over 6 feet tall. Hit 57 or 58 downhill, but that was quickly squashed by another uphill.

Ignore the messy garage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
55 hmm.. I'm hopeful to get it up to 60. I'm 5'10 200lbs. Thanks for the information and congrats on the new bike. Hopefully it's going to live up to the hype!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Awesome man. Bring it to the Rangers game tomorrow!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Your about the same size as me, how did you feel on it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome man. Bring it to the Rangers game tomorrow!
Not sure Bobby would be on board with this bike. I would love to, though! I'll shoot the King a text with a picture of it and see what he has to say.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your about the same size as me, how did you feel on it?
Felt fine! Of course, I have some bikes that are quite a bit smaller that I ride. The seat sucks, that's for sure. The rear shock could use some upgrading as well. I would like to have the bars further forward and a little wider, but I can deal with what it's got for now. I'll probably loosen the TT and lean them forward a bit till I come up with some bars.

I can tell you that my 82 Z50 with the 125 is MUCH more punchy than this thing. It needs some exhaust and I'll have to look at the intake filter tomorrow to see if I can help it breathe a little better.

I'm sure the 150 kit with injectors and controller will be coming right around the corner.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm almost positive that after my first ride, I will conclude that it MUST have more power. ASAP.

Edit: Congratulations. Enjoy this time riding while the rest of us are waiting. lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The seat will get a lot better once it's bedded in, and you'll find performance will improve a lot as well once you've got a few miles on it :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts