Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took off fender caliper front wheel then removed forks. Caps ontop are easy to get off from forks. Pumped fork oil out. This stuff is thin! There was a hair over 200cc of fork oil in each. Waiting for shop to open to go pick up some 30 weight fork oil. Ill write a review on how it worked in a few hours!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW! What a difference this is the best mod ive done yet. Handles 100 times better. Total cost 11 dollars and 1 hour of my time. This is a MUST do mod for any grom owner! No more soft forks! They are comparable to the forks tension of my gsxr 1000. Do it now u wont be sorry. I used 200 ccs of belray 30 weight forkoil in each fork.this is the way it shouldve been from the factory. Stock fluid is very thin

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant believe it and only 11 dollars made a bigger difference overall on the bike than my yosh system did.the bike is more rideable now

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
changing oil helps damping, but will not do anything for bottoming (which they do) neither will preload (still same spring rate...)
you need springs for your weight as well.
then you'll discover how bad the stock shock is

·
Registered
67 Posts
changing oil helps damping, but will not do anything for bottoming (which they do) neither will preload (still same spring rate...)
you need springs for your weight as well.
then you'll discover how bad the stock shock is

Dream killer over here lol. Any diy for this fluid change?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 remove 2 bolts that hold on caliper and 1 nut that secures brakeline to fender, remove caliper

2 remove 4 allen heads and 2 nuts from fender and remove fender

3 remove front wheel by loosening and sliding axle out. Dont lose the spacers one on each side of hub. They are identical

4 loosen both triple clamps and slide forks out

5 i wrapped a towel around both forks and put them in my vise then turned the large nut counterclockwise

6 once the nut is loose start pumping the fluid out until you get no more drops(takes awhile)

7 get youself whatever weight fluid u want and add 200 cc to each fork(i used 30 wt bel ray fork oil). Best way to do it is add the 200cc in thirds. What i mean is add a third of the 200cc then put cap back on snug and pump the fork . Do this until you have your 200ccs

8 tighten the top cap back on fork and reassemble!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds Great. i bought the preload adjusters from tyga and i felt some differnce in the forks but it still was soft and i want it harder....... Thats what she said. lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If your keeping preloaders you might wanna go like 20 weight... Just a thought still alot thicker than stock

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone can do this as long as you have a toolset and half a brain. I used an adjustable wrench to get caps off forks(big nut). They arent super tight

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Anyone can do this as long as you have a toolset and half a brain. I used an adjustable wrench to get caps off forks(big nut). They arent super tight
or use an impact gun.
or what i will usually do, is loosen them before pulling them out of the triples (the trips act like a vise and hold the tube from turning)

Reactions: WoodLow
1 - 20 of 52 Posts