Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I check my oil level today since its warming up and although I did an oil change 200 miles ago I noticed my oil is white around the dip stick opening and inside the case. I have no clue how I got water in there it does stay outside but it stays covered. Plenty of clean oil on the stick pulled the rocker cover and no condensation/white crap. But I dunno how to get rid of the moisture. Rode about 30 miles yesterday so I know it got hot. Any suggestions on flushing it out or should it cook off and has anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got the same problem but the moisture might be fuel and not water contamination i have showed an engineer mate of mine and he is baffled , contacted my dealer and Honda technical dept and they dont appear bothered.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Also where are you. Running an air cooled engine 30 miles in low temps may not get it warm enough to boil the water out of the oil

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm mid Atlantic md to be precise. I've been running valvoline dino and just switched to Mobil 1 mc(not auto) and it was about 70 degrees out so maybe a warmer day might help. this was my first synthetic change was running dino oil for break in so maybe its just the Mobil likes water? I'm gonna try some maxim on the next change since the local shop has it and I like their chain lube

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
send the oil into blackstone labs to have it analyzed. is that what the lab is called? i dont even remember. something like that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts