Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum.

The grom looks cool, but I'd love to see it stripped down to an absolute minimum, in the vein of cafe racers. I've seen pictures of custom groms with added fairing, but I was wondering if anyone's seen a grom that has just the bare minimum.

Thanks!

·
Registered
175 Posts
It would be nice to see a fully naked grom but there isn't much to strip from it to begin with. I mean what could you possibly take off besides the farings and covers?

·
Registered
255 Posts
The things you could possibly take off are the upper mids, passenger pegs, rear fender, front and rear hugger, mirrors. Not sure what else you would want to take off...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the stripped down version is cool but I have noticed (like some of you) if you're over 30 that the Grom looks Very Much Like A Honda ZB-50 that was only made here in the States in 1988. I had a friend with one and I wish I would have bought it as they are worth a few bucks these days....If you find pic's of a ZB-50, I think you'll see where they got this platform or at least the idea....

·
Registered
30 Posts
The things you could possibly take off are the upper mids, passenger pegs, rear fender, front and rear hugger, mirrors. Not sure what else you would want to take off...
You guys forget...
Brackets and various components (not holding fluids) can be drilled with speed holes. when you remove metal; weight comes off more so than removing plastic pieces. :D besides speed holes are so fricken cool lookin!
Swankster

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
IMHO It looks pig ugly without its clothes!

Bare bones Grom just doesn;t look the par without its skin. Some can argue that it looks more raw but i'd say it looks off.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts