Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone! I was wondering if anyone has tried mounting a golf club/set of clubs to their grom and if so...how? Let me know if you have any suggestions! I would like to be able to go to the range with my lefty driver, since they don't have any lefty clubs for free use.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Not on the grom but a few year back I bought a driver off my cousin, put it in my backpack and zip tied the zipper tight at the top and rode home on my KLX250

Going for a more elegant solution I would try something like a capped PVC pipe attached to the rear rack (if you have one) at the top and the left side passenger foot peg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not on the grom but a few year back I bought a driver off my cousin, put it in my backpack and zip tied the zipper tight at the top and rode home on my KLX250

Going for a more elegant solution I would try something like a capped PVC pipe attached to the rear rack (if you have one) at the top and the left side passenger foot peg
I thought about the backpack idea...I never thought to zip tie the zipper- that's great thinking! I do have a luggage rear rack with a removable top case. The pvc might end up being the way to go. Thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
pvc sounds good. like a fishing pole carrier basically :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I keep thinking about this. I'm going to try to put something together in the next week. Fold passenger peg down, provides platform for the bottom. then bolt through the tube and through the little hoop that is by the peg.

Sidebar, that little hoop is great as an additional tie down point. I like to use it rather than just use the tie down points on the small rack.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the piping today at home depot. Got home and was ready to mount it, but I realized I got too small in diameter piping. Will let you know and post a picture when I get the right size and mount it

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I owned a scooter in high school, I was on the golf team and I would ride the scooter to practice. If you have the backpack straps on the bag you can wear it as long as you have the rain cap on top of the clubs so none fall out when you take a turn. You also have to make sure you remember that you're a little wider with the golf clubs :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.