Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a video of the Grom several months, maybe even quarters ago. I thought it was cool and reminded me of the YSRs I've owned in the past. Didn't act on putting my name on the list back then. Just looked into getting the Grom on Thursday, think I saw another vid on the line or something. Locally, they were a rip off. Wanted to charge $900 for dealer prep/freight. Kind of pissed me off. Was about to drive 1000 miles to get one from a dealer I found on ebay. Started calling down the list of Honda dealers from closest to the ends of the earth. Found one under 100 miles away and in black, just the one I wanted. Was amazed and lucky I found one. Loaded it in the back of my Honda Pilot and home I went. We'll short story long, I got home with the Grom last night. I took her for a spin this morning. I must be getting old or something, I did not feel that safe on it. Maybe because it's usually 100 degrees and it was about 70 with my tee shirt, jeans, and running shoes. Maybe because I did not wear a helmet on my neighborhood test run. It might have been the handlebars, or the seat.....or just me. At 40mph I felt like I was doing 100. Maybe I just need to get used to it. The older I get, the faster I was.:eek: It is a blast but sure did not feel like a YSR or NSR that I remember.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nope its a totally different beast. I keep comparing it to a bmx bike twitchy cramped but begs to be pushed hard. You can lean these things pretty hard even on stock tires. I forget how small it is once I get the tires warmed up. Wear a damn helmet tho lol its hard enough to see us on these as it is. Im rocking an old school shoei rf 700 with purple,red and yellow graphics... people notice bright colors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I feel unsafe when i pass 60 miles an hour, front end becomes shakey but other than that i love mine. Swap the tires out if your doing any wet riding though, theyre slippy.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I feel unsafe when i pass 60 miles an hour, front end becomes shakey but other than that i love mine. Swap the tires out if your doing any wet riding though, theyre slippy.
everyone was worried about that before it came out.
some people say their Grom's are fine at 60.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I must admit the first time I rode mine I also thought it was "Twitchy"
But I've now got a few miles on it and its fine.....No not fine GREAT!!
The harder you push it the better it handles.
Oh and FYI I'm no Spring Chicken, which really pisses of the youngens when I blast them on the corners:D

Dog

·
Registered
998 Posts
riding a new motorcycle is like having a new girlfriend since you are not sure how she is going to act the first time you both go out on a date, but once you get the feel of things everything will go fine or you would figure out fast if that is the girl friend you want to have in a long relationship or not.

Just ride the motorcycle "Grom" like you stole it and you will be all right, just make sure your gas tank is full and your brakes work and you have air in your tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts