Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Threw together a quickie, hope it hits the mark.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTCzGJYYo94]Honda Grom Easy Oil Change - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good video for those who would think twice before attempting to do an oil change.

Do you plan on replacing the drain bolt with the magnetic one?
Yep, that would certainly help with keeping it clean and probably painting it to differentiate from the spring loaded bolt.. thx

·
Registered
995 Posts
Thanks for posting the video on this, too bad embedding has been disabled, oh well it's just one click away!

Is there a thread on the best engine oil to use with our groms?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for posting the video on this, too bad embedding has been disabled, oh well it's just one click away!

Is there a thread on the best engine oil to use with our groms?
I think some guys are using the Honda stuff, I will trade to synthetic Castrol or Valvoline at 700 or so.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
i run rotela t6 in everything i own.

Reactions: gpd211 and Lanceoa

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think some guys are using the Honda stuff, I will trade to synthetic Castrol or Valvoline at 700 or so.
I'd be careful of the car oil. The type that is marked "Energy Conserving" has additives in it that will make clutches slip. The synthetic that is geared towards the motorcyles is becoming more readily available. Just stay away from the energy conserving oil and you'll be OK.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you use that valve make sure you leash that thing closed. Way to easy to empty the engine in the middle of a ride and fall on you head.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you use that valve make sure you leash that thing closed. Way to easy to empty the engine in the middle of a ride and fall on you head.
Great suggestion...

By the way, that valve won't work for the Grom. It's it pretty bulky and wont' clear those metal tabs surrounding the drain plug.

You might get away with using a long adapter, but I don't think it would look very attractive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts