Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up, there's a Nation wide shortage of Honda Grom cylinders.

Got a email from Babbitt Honda that my order on a Grom cylinder is back ordered and there is a Nation wide shortage.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Most of that back order is to me.

This goes out to everyone:
About a month ago, Honda called my dealer and asked if there was a problem with the Grom engine, that they did not know about? My dealer is one of the largest in the country. The dealer asked Honda what they were concerned about, why the call? Honda said that they had ordered more Grom engine parts, than all the rest of the dealers in the Midwest, combined. Something had to be wrong! They told Honda that they had this guy that was doing all sorts of R&D on the bike, and not to worry. True Story.
I have 12 cylinders, with another 10 on order. I want at least 25 to start this big bore kit production. HONDA HAD NO IDEA THAT THE DEMAND FOR PARTS WOULD BE THIS GREAT! I mean, no idea, they blew it. So, I'm guessing that, like it or not , some of you guys will have to exchange your cylinders in Feb when the kit is ready. I am probably going to give priority to anyone willing to send their cylinder. I'm hoping that my large order shocks the Honda Parts System into shipping over more parts from Thailand.
Guys, I'm trying as hard as I can to make this 170 bore kit work for everyone that wants one.
Brian S :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
go ahead and tell them the problem is not enough goddamn finished units on the showroom floor, SO ALL available parts needs to be going to thailand to keep the production line going lol, jk

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This goes out to everyone:
About a month ago, Honda called my dealer and asked if there was a problem with the Grom engine, that they did not know about? My dealer is one of the largest in the country. The dealer asked Honda what they were concerned about, why the call? Honda said that they had ordered more Grom engine parts, than all the rest of the dealers in the Midwest, combined. Something had to be wrong! They told Honda that they had this guy that was doing all sorts of R&D on the bike, and not to worry. True Story.
I have 12 cylinders, with another 10 on order. I want at least 25 to start this big bore kit production. HONDA HAD NO IDEA THAT THE DEMAND FOR PARTS WOULD BE THIS GREAT! I mean, no idea, they blew it. So, I'm guessing that, like it or not , some of you guys will have to exchange your cylinders in Feb when the kit is ready. I am probably going to give priority to anyone willing to send their cylinder. I'm hoping that my large order shocks the Honda Parts System into shipping over more parts from Thailand.
Guys, I'm trying as hard as I can to make this 170 bore kit work for everyone that wants one.
Brian S :)
I knew you were behind this Nation wide shortage of cylinder, so when I got my email from Babbitt on my parts order on the cylinder being back order, your name Flashed in my head and I started laughing.:eek:

I sure hope they send me my Grom Head and Fork caps so I can send the fork caps to you for my air assist front fork mod. The spare head will be put in storage till I get my cylinder.:D

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have the product code I can have a look

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
This e-mail is being sent to you in regards to order #8xxxx8, a recent online order that you have placed with us. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has contacted us in regards to this order, as this order contains part(s) that are on nationwide backorder. The part(s) that are backordered are as follows:

Item: 42301-K26-900.

At this time the manufacturer has not issued a release date for the part(s). If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact a representative on our Customer Support line at (231) xxx-xxxx

·
Registered
9 Posts
This e-mail is being sent to you in regards to order #8xxxx8, a recent online order that you have placed with us. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has contacted us in regards to this order, as this order contains part(s) that are on nationwide backorder. The part(s) that are backordered are as follows:

Item: 42301-K26-900.

At this time the manufacturer has not issued a release date for the part(s). If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact a representative on our Customer Support line at (231) xxx-xxxx
How many do you need?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
hah, mystery solved

1 - 11 of 11 Posts