Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

Looking to buy a new seat for the Grom. Anybody bought the Neu Dan Watt Custom seat?? I am wondering about the quality and fit of that seat.
thanks Folks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
WeBike Japan. Period. "MAYBE" MSXsport(?) It is truly beautiful, in a Carbon Fiber sort of way. The fit is perfect on the bike, as the stock pan was obviously used as the indents from the seat strap are still visible. They pretty much bought a stock seat and got busy with it. Very nice job with the foam as well as the cover material and stitching. More comfy. Keeps your butt forward, GREAT for center of gravity on the bike. But...if you are a big dude it may be too far forward. I would say anything over 30" inseam.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Love the stitching on the seat, it will look amazing on a red grom like that, if the same thing can be done for white groms with white stitching that will be effing amazing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i got one with white stiching from webike and i do really like it. the very bottom is a little hard but overall WAYYYY better than stock. a local place wanted to charge me $600 for a custom seat and I paid $165 from japan.

IMO well worth the money!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think I is too tall for me. I will be making mine lower with a gel pad so I can not "Hover" so tall over the clip-on's!! That being said, I think it "looks" Killer!!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
well from how it looks it already looks more comfortable

what kind of material though? it looks like some kind of vinyl or plastic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ive done about 150km on my seat like that and my comments would be that it is an improvement on the OEM seat but not amazingly so... the cushion is quite hard but the better position and broader seat area make it more comfortable... you will feel the bumps in the road though... when I 2up with my gf she says it is more comfortable than the stock one... the pillion pad has noticably more foam than stock... Im considering taking mine to an upholster to have foam added because its still not the level of comfort I would like. if the stock seat is a 4 out of 10 I would put this at a 6 out of 10 comfortwise.... looks are much better tho IMHO and it seems to be easier to take off and put back on (I never did the washer mod, and this seat doesnt feel like it needs it)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts