Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I currently have about 210 miles on my Grom.

From day one, getting into neutral was a total pain. When at a stop, it just would not budge. Even rolling it forward did not seem to work. Eventually, though, I'd get it into neutral,usually by applying so much force it would go beyond N and into 2nd. Id' then have to nudge it back down to N.

The dealer said it would "loosen up," but at 210 miles it's still an issue, and only seems to be getting worse.

Is this normal, or is this a real issue?

Also, my rear break is exceptionally weak. I really have to apply SERIOUS pressure for it to have any stopping force. It has so little stopping power that I don't even want to wheelie it, because it's too weak to bring the front back down.

Any advice and/or insight greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ride safe,

Ryan

· Registered
56 Posts
I've had all of the same issues you do. The only thing I have noticed that helps finding neutral is reving it up a bit then it pops right in. But everyone I've talked to says it will get better. But even after an oil change at 252miles still nothing so I hope someone figures it out or it gets better.

· Registered
134 Posts
is it just me or does groms tranny not have a hard stop for gear 1?

all my other bikes when the bike is in 1st gear and you hit the lever it comes to a hard stop before retracting, with the grom its just like a springy spring

anybody else notice this

· Registered
288 Posts
Mine works fine, a bit notchy compaired to a new Sportbike but nothing crazy. I have not had trouble finding neutral but I'd rather that than a bike that finds neutral each time I go for second. I normally shift into neutral when still rolling to a stop, these transmissions shift better when moving.

· Registered
92 Posts
Wow, weird you guys are having issues, I honestly think that my tranny on the Grom is smoother and more precise than the tranny in my new CBR600RR.

Missed one shift so far where I got caught in a false neutral going from 2nd to 3rd when I shifted pretty sloppy due to a road bump. Been fine since.

I'd take it to the dealer, have them check it out.

Mike

· Premium Member
1,004 Posts
there are very few times I use neutral, and on every bike I have ever had, it has been a PITA to get into.

· Registered
114 Posts
I have full synthetic.. still not that easy. I have 4 more bikes with similar motors... same thing on almost all of them. Every once in a while someone gets one of these horizontal motors that works perfect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.