Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one,
My name is Betsy and this might sound crazy but I'm in love with the Honda Grom.I only rode a bike once in my life, I was 8 yrs old and it was a 70cc. I never lost the idea of learning how to ride. Know that I'm 36 I want to give it a try.I'm 4 ft 11" and this is why I'm shy about talking to my friends that ride about getting a bike that I will be able to ride with out being a dirt bike. I hope the Grom is the bike I've been waiting for. .If anyone can help with pointers and advise that would be great. I'm currently studying for my motorcycle permit, this is how bad I want to ride a Grom.

·
Registered
998 Posts
MC rider safety class would be a good start, look around and see if your state has one. Here in Calif we have MC safety class and if you pass your class you do not have to take the DMV motorcycle riding coarse test you just have to pass the written test plus your MS safety class certificate gets you a good discount on most motorcycle insurance policy.

What state are you in?

Always get into the habit of checking out your motorcycle before riding, check out your tires, brakes, lights, make sure your blinkers work.
Wear good riding gear, gloves and helmet are a must and don't go hog wild on riding gear. Get a good riding jacket such as Joe Rocket mesh jacket for the summer time riding and you can use it in the winter time by layering the jacket with a warmer water proof ski jacket or something in that line. Get a good shoes for riding esp one with oil resistance soles because there are oil on the road esp at the stop lights/sign and you are in the center of the roadway at the light. The oil is from years of cars with oil leaks stopping at that light/stop signs and donating to the possible oil slippage hazard.

Good Luck in your learning to ride and remember to ride like everyone around you are trying to bum you off the road, always ride defensively.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the support. I already spoke to a Honda dealership here in N.J and I'm leaving a down payment next week. I can't wait.thanks again GF!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Congratulations! Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. In the mean time, I personally highly recommend the MSF course. I took it for licensing reasons, but there were people in my class who had never ridden in their lives, but walked out controlling their bikes like they'd had it for a good while. Plus it gives you the chance to lay down someone else's bike instead of your brand new one!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
welcome to the forum. the GROM seems like a suitable motorcycle from what you've said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts