Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Guys and Gals!

Potential new owner/new rider here... I've never ridden much, but both of my parents ride metric cruisers, and I have tons of other friends who ride. I've read and looked at the Grom, and the more I look, the more I like it for a first/learning bike. Looking forward to learning more!

I've always been a four-wheeled guy, having cars of all kinds. Used to be an avid streetracer/drag racer, and moved to autocross as i got older. I've always enjoyed all things mechanical, and love taking things apart and modifying them. I literally can't leave anything alone, lol.

I currently DD an '05 Altima 3.5 SL, and have an '86 Mustang GT that's a long-term project, and autocross toy.

Here are a few pics for those interested:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome. You made the right choice to start riding by getting the Grom, it will be a great first bike. Is the Mustang you have the 5.0 model? Post some video's of your autocross lapping days if you have any.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to go digging... I haven't been able to autocross it much, so all the vids i may have may be me in other cars, unfortunately.

It is - '86 was the first year of the SEFI 5.0, the 8.8 rear diff, and various other stuff. It was also the last year for the four-headlight design. The only things left stock are the engine and trans, but 99% of the suspension has been upgraded, with newer car ammenities from various other years of mustang since that one came out. I've still got a long way to go, but shes a lot of fun when I get a chance to take her out, and it always gets looks, even when it's dirty, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.