Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Red GROM from Arizona on 09/28/13.
Here it is right now with some aftermarket parts added....

At the dealership picking up my Grom

Fabricated my own TT.....

Front and rear rizoma indicators.....

Installed a carbon Tyga slip-on along with a 14T sprocket.....
Removed the seat strap and did the 2 washer mod on the seat.....

Tyga carbon monster fender.....

Tyga carbon belly pan.....

Rizoma handlebar and bar riser.....

Rizoma dynamic style mirrors.....

The2wheels short adjustable levers, Speed and Style bar ends.....

Moved the horn behind the headlight.....

Side covers and headlight sides painted black.....

Along side the big brother.....

·
Registered
998 Posts
Grom looks good,
wish I could put on aftermarket pipes but since Jan 2013 Calif have passed a new law that will ticket you if you modified your stock exhaust system from a 2013 vehicle with a after market one. If you buy in Calif most after market exhaust it will have a sticker on it for OFF ROAD USE or RACE USE only.
http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_...otorcycle_muffler_bill_sb435_signed_into_law/

I'm staying stealth and stock until I can figure out a way to mod the stock pipes so it will look stock but will help with the Groms power band.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Grom looks good,
wish I could put on aftermarket pipes but since Jan 2013 Calif have passed a new law that will ticket you if you modified your stock exhaust system from a 2013 vehicle with a after market one. If you buy in Calif most after market exhaust it will have a sticker on it for OFF ROAD USE or RACE USE only.
California stock muffler EPA-approved exhaust bill signed into law by Governor Schwarzenegger - Sport Rider Magazine

I'm staying stealth and stock until I can figure out a way to mod the stock pipes so it will look stock but will help with the Groms power band.

I think youll be hard pressed to find a cop that would give you a hassle. Yosh also makes CA EPA compliant pipes :)

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think youll be hard pressed to find a cop that would give you a hassle. Yosh also makes CA EPA compliant pipes :)
Thank you for that info, then I'm going to get me the yosh full system.

trust me the Santa Clara motorcycle cops stop me any chance they can not for pipes since my pipes on my Hayabusa are stock but for my helmet which they say is illegal.

Been to court twice for those charges and won both times with me representing myself and writing my own brief and having enough knowledge about how DOT does their helmet testing and such.

As far as my Harleys go they are way too loud so I don't ride the Harleys that much unless I go to Laughlin River run once a year or two Reno for the Street Vibration run.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nice work Ian! How's the can working out for you? We have to get the Vegas Grommers together soon for a rage!

Reactions: Cadimanjd
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.