Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Looking forward to riding my new Grom and getting some tips for making it my own here on the forum. Purchased it yesterday and its still in the crate. I will probably bring it home today if its prepped. Just to get it out of the way...yes I am married, no I don't have a sister ;-)

I am an avid motorcyclist and track day junkie. I saw my first Grom last October at Barber Motorsports park in Alabama and had to have one. Unfortunately I had a track incident and broke my wrist on mothers day and have not been riding. Cleared by the surgeon recently! Yesterday we drove into the dealership and there were 2 (yes 2) Groms in the crates that had just arrived. I could not purchase one fast enough! My present to myself now that I can get back on the bike!

I also own a 2008 zx6r for the street and a 2008 R6 for the track. I have been on motorcycles since 1993. This is my first Honda. I snowmobile in the winter which is where the screen name came from. "Frank" is a 2009 M8 artic cat. We mostly ride off-trail in deep powder. Wondering if anyone has studded up a Grom for ice racing yet!

Somehow I think this little bike is going to cost me tons of money but I hope its as fun as it looks!

·
Premium Member
941 Posts

Congrats and welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I brought it home yesterday! so much fun to ride. Now I need to get the mods started. Needs suspension bad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I brought mine home 2 weeks ago today and it's a blast to ride and so many mods out there it can get spendy. I've already put a fender eliminator kit, flush mount front turn signals and Pro-Taper CR High bars with new grips on mine. I also swapped over bar end mirrors from my 2000 CBR929RR to the Grom while the 929 is being worked on to get back on the road. I also painted the flat black pieces red to accent the overall black on it. I originally wanted a red one but settled for black as it was available.

I got the fender eliminator kit and flush mounts from Hard Racing as well as other parts for the 929 in the past. They have always been very helpful, even shipping 929 parts to Turkey while I was there. They also have good videos on various mods and how-to install videos that are helpful.

Where bouts in MI are you? I'm originally from Lansing and have a cousin that does track days back there, recently at Grattan.

Again, congrats and welcome. Can't wait to see what you have in store for yours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought mine at college bike shop and broke my wrist on the r6 on mothers day @ grattan! Work at Sparrow in Lansing. We are north and east of Lansing.

Priced out a bunch of stuff then scared myself when the total mods cost more than the purchase price. Going to go slow but I think fender eliminator and suspension are 1st.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts