Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my wife just bought me a grom for my birthday today!. A little about myself. I own a snowmobile, ATV/ operates and UTV suspension/ engine shop here in WI and am a motorcycle lover of all kinds. Currently have a CBR500R, Modded CBR250R, Heavily Modded Honda Spree scooter, and a CR125R and my KZ400 I restored. I love motorcycles and snowmobiles and can't seem to leave them in stock form for any longer than a month. So for you guys that have been on the forum for a while want to point me in a direction of the easy mods to begin with that would be great. Below are some of my toys

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome, cool collection you have there and the Grom will be a nice addition as well. Where are you at in Wisconsin? Couple other Cheeseheads on here; I was born and raised in Appleton, lived in Madison for 6 years and now live in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul, not Duluth/Superior).

Enjoy!!!
Mike

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice, know right where that is.

Mods.....well, I have to say there really isn't anything cheap or easy nor is there anything that magically transforms the Grom into a top speed machine. Some people have been playing with air boxes and exhausts on here but I've yet to see anything amount to much other than the simple front sprocket change giving a little more pop on take off. I'm not a big believer in messing with questionable intake items but I did buy an M4 full system because it has a baffle and it's a low mount. But since it's winter it's still sitting in a box waiting for spring to come so I can dig the bikes back out.

I did change the tires to Pilot Pures to give me a bit more grip than the crappy stock guys seem to. And a seat as well.

I'm waiting on suspension for a bit but a shock and fork springs are on the list. Spent too much of the off season buying bicycles and bicycle toys I have to replenish the fun fund a bit before popping for much else. I'll see how the bike runs with the M4 but a PCV will probably be first on my list.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure it'll stay mostly stock engine wise for this year. First thing is going to be a fender elim kit, pipe, ill do something with the forks and I'll for sure build a shock for it right away and a pcV. If you get a pcV you should check out fuelmotousa.com. Jamie will hook you up. He's always alot cheaper than anybody else. I've bought alot of controllers from them and he's in Wi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts