Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally order the Moto moto magazines from Japan that is based on mini bike modding (monkey,dax,monkey R, chaly etc) and on this issue it seems like they have a lot of upcoming goodies for the Grom.

For starters, the rumored Kitaco kit in the beginning will be a 133cc kit and they have it out in the Japanese market already. They are also developing a 164 and 181cc big bore kit as well.

Takegawa, a very well known minibike big bore kit manufacture also has a 143cc kit that they are releasing soon as well. Their stuff is top of the line so expect to pay top dollars for your bang.

Lastly the interesting thing is there seems to be a company developing new forks for the GROM. Or it could be modified forks I am not 100% sure. But here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you should see some of the truly funny fat tire kits people put on their monkey. Someone has a 6.0J wide tire on the monkey. it has a certain look that works though

·
Registered
43 Posts
Would be a bit more interesting if I knew how to read Japanese. Does it say when we will see these kits offered in North America?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have to get my girlfriend to translate it for me but she won't let me get grom until I'm done with my car loan by April.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
it actually looks pretty stupid with the madly oversized tires.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Come tax return season, some serious rebuilding is going to happen. And bet the US market for parts will be thriving.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Whats the point of going for the oversized tires? Apart from styling?

·
Registered
134 Posts
i need forks, my shits bottoming out everyday at the bottom of my driveway now, even when i stand up and slow roll it down about 5-10mph, its bottoming out

i think my dampening in the front forks are gone, and my bike has like 300 miles.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
whats your weight? if you dont mind me asking

there are a few damper options out already. the stock damper is garbage.

·
Registered
998 Posts
i need forks, my shits bottoming out everyday at the bottom of my driveway now, even when i stand up and slow roll it down about 5-10mph, its bottoming out

i think my dampening in the front forks are gone, and my bike has like 300 miles.
replace with heavier fork oil.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts