Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I walked into work today and found my Grom in the middle of the showroom floor today! The shop down the road has had my Grom for a week or two trying to workout some headlight setups and they finally got a real sweet setup.

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive design Headlamp Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Automotive design Entertainment Headlamp Visual effect lighting Automotive lighting Light Black Asphalt Road surface
short little video clip on the http://instagram.com/p/f_q8AboHJ0/

Got to test it out tonight and figured I'd post some photos of it in action. Also know that the red can be shut off at anytime.

If anyone would like more info here is the link for it and you can message them as they installed it and know all the info on it.

http://www.sportbikelites.com/SPORTBIKE-LITES-GROM-LED-CONVERSION-KIT-p/led-conversion.htm

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Wow that is alot of light.

Can you ask what LED emitters they are? And what they are being driven at?

Can you post a photo of how it looks like shooting at a white wall in the dark?

i want to see the shape of the output

A video of riding at night would be amazing too :D

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try and get some info tomorrow and get a photo on a white wall/video if riding.

Would have got on this tonight if I hadn't been busy with helping my cousin out Lololol. Little oh grom decided to out corner his bike and he hit some sand and dumped the front end lol.

Long story short, he'll never ride in shorts again.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Joint Leg Muscle Human body Knee

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
och, dam hope you get healed soon
i was actually not the one on the ground this time=]

come to think about it, i don't think i have ever been on the end where i saw a friend crash. bad as it sounds, it was nice not being that guy for a change lol.:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
i was actually not the one on the ground this time=]

come to think about it, i don't think i have ever been on the end where i saw a friend crash. bad as it sounds, it was nice not being that guy for a change lol.:)
When I scrolled down and sawthe picture and looked at the username. I said nooooo floppy! but then when I started reading I was like good it wasn't you this time :D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
ouch that looks like it hurt. hes good to tell the story and laugh about it another day though.

yea riding in shorts. not the best idea in the world.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Love the new light set up floppy. Thank god it was you this time man. It was already hard enough the first time when I watch you go off in the video on the dragon or 28.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Love the new light set up floppy. Thank god it was you this time man. It was already hard enough the first time when I watch you go off in the video on the dragon or 28.
Thanks! Tonight's video update has been ruined by rain:( gotta love Florida weather.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some one get floppy to a laptop quick! I need to see the video before I sleep tonight lol!
i actually picked one up last night and in the process of loading it up. the video quality looks god awful from the preview that i loaded up, but working on that now with the gopro editor thing i just downloaded. will hopefully have it up and running by tonight.

ended up getting some footage of some local parking lot racing with @woodlow, hopefully it comes out decent. I might have to go somewhere else though and try again if this one doesn't work out so well.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
cameras usually all suck in low light.

just the way it is.

try recording in better lighting and it probably will come out cleaner.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cameras usually all suck in low light.

just the way it is.

try recording in better lighting and it probably will come out cleaner.
It actually doesn't look to bad! It's uploading now and at like 30% I'm riding with another grom in the video so you can kinda see a comparison, but it's still way brighter in real life.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts