Honda Grom Forums banner

New LED headlight setup

12K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  Ronbang 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I walked into work today and found my Grom in the middle of the showroom floor today! The shop down the road has had my Grom for a week or two trying to workout some headlight setups and they finally got a real sweet setup.

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive design Headlamp Automotive exterior
Automotive lighting Automotive design Entertainment Headlamp Visual effect lighting
Automotive lighting Light Black Asphalt Road surface

short little video clip on the http://instagram.com/p/f_q8AboHJ0/

Got to test it out tonight and figured I'd post some photos of it in action. Also know that the red can be shut off at anytime.

If anyone would like more info here is the link for it and you can message them as they installed it and know all the info on it.

http://www.sportbikelites.com/SPORTBIKE-LITES-GROM-LED-CONVERSION-KIT-p/led-conversion.htm

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow that is alot of light.

Can you ask what LED emitters they are? And what they are being driven at?

Can you post a photo of how it looks like shooting at a white wall in the dark?

i want to see the shape of the output

A video of riding at night would be amazing too :D

#5 ·
I'll try and get some info tomorrow and get a photo on a white wall/video if riding.

Would have got on this tonight if I hadn't been busy with helping my cousin out Lololol. Little oh grom decided to out corner his bike and he hit some sand and dumped the front end lol.

Long story short, he'll never ride in shorts again.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Joint Leg Muscle Human body Knee

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#18 ·
i actually picked one up last night and in the process of loading it up. the video quality looks god awful from the preview that i loaded up, but working on that now with the gopro editor thing i just downloaded. will hopefully have it up and running by tonight.

ended up getting some footage of some local parking lot racing with @woodlow, hopefully it comes out decent. I might have to go somewhere else though and try again if this one doesn't work out so well.

#27 · (Edited)
#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
Finally decided to say screw it and just try short little clips of it on the instagram.

Instagram

or if this works you can see the full video on the Honda grom facebook group page.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=203865033126425&set=o.143018799216418&type=2&theater

if you have one, add me if you want for more clips as ill be adding a bunch with the new gopro3+ =]

SPORTBIKE LITES GROM LED CONVERSION KIT
Sick!!! sounds good too.

What temperature is the light?

#28 ·
wow looking good. surprised to see the LEDs throw out that much light.

you would say brighter than stock?

I am very curious to know what sort of LEDs those are but it doesn't say anything about it in the description.

#29 ·
wow looking good. surprised to see the LEDs throw out that much light.

you would say brighter than stock?

I am very curious to know what sort of LEDs those are but it doesn't say anything about it in the description.

ill have a video up with the LED vs the HID vs the stock as soon as I can get all 3 of us together again as my buddy is going with the HID setup.

the LED vs the stock is unreal and pretty much just eats his up and the LED just over powers his as if he's not even next to me.

#38 ·
Ok can you post a pic of the headlight on or a video of it on facing the headlight to see it. I want to see the led and halos. I was thinking of getting this but your like the only person I have come across that has it. I was thinking of going with the back halo white front ring halo red....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.