Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. Been riding ~3 years, currently have 3 bikes:

1975 CT-90
1970 CB350
2007 suzuki SV650

I learned to ride on a CT-90 when I was a kid, and loved it so much that I bought one years later. LOVE the CT-90.. I've put ~2000 miles on it in the last 3 years, mostly splitting lanes down Wilshire blvd or PCH. It is almost the perfect commuter bike in LA.. just wish it had a little more power. It tops out at ~35mph now (12k miles on the odometer!) and I debating:

Should I rebuild the ct-90 (big bore, etc) or get a new 2014 GROM?!?!

Randy

·
Registered
995 Posts
welcome Randy.

I think you should get the Grom, it's new, cheap and aftermarket support for it is CRAZY! Plus is looks amazing :)

Any pictures of your old CT-90?

Top speed on the Grom is 65mph....it's something to consider especially since your CT-90 tops out at 35

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I would have to say, If I did have the CT90 I would still keep it and get the grom to add in the mix.

Keep the CT90! Its a gem that you can't come across too often. Do you have any pics?

Welcome by the way Randy :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Randy, looks like you have an excellent pack of bikes. My first was the brother to your cb350 - a '76 Honda cj360t that I bought new for under a grand! It was a fantastic little bike that took me cross country and back East. Wish I still had it. Does your cb still run ok? I imagine so; I still see them every once in a while on the road.
And how's your sv? Again, I have it's bro - a V-stom 650 that's pretty close to perfect.
I think we both need to win a Grom, to even out our stable of bikes.
Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts