Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit: Final results here: http://www.gromforum.com/forum/new-...imura-twin-some-other-stuff-5.html#post236898

Replaced my exhaust with the yoshimura twin today and did some other minor mods. Waiting for the ducatti type of seat which should come tomorrow. More pictures tomorrow.. sorry for the quality :eek:

I also installed the honda wave 125 camshaft which gave a slight performance increase but it also makes some high pitched noise. The proper mechanic is gone until monday so i hope he can fix it once he is back.
New CDI kit is also ordered which should remove the rev limit.. have to wait about 1 week for it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Will install the ducatti seat and under part tomorrow.
Can't wait for the yumanashi bore kits.. that's gonna be a beast!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I fucking love your exhaust system damn!! How does it sound??
Total shit right now because of the wave 125 camshaft. It sounds exactly like an electric toy car for kids.
I listened to the system on another msx (without the camshaft) and it sounds really sick. He didn't remove the noise filters (or how you call them), but i took mine out for some extra sound. Will replace the camshaft in a few hours then post back.

Prices are relative. The exhaust system cost me a bit over $300 and the red bars together around $50

4 hours till my dealer opens, then i'll have an update with new pics and new mods :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you.. god i cant wait for the dealer to open. Like a fat kid waiting outside the candy store :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok i fixed the camshaft - basically just removed it and replaced it with the original MSX part. Sounds perfect now. A single yoshimura will sound better than a twin slip on because the air flow goes through 2 channels instead of one. So less 'bubbling'.

The evolution continues...

More later..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hehe.. gonna take the yoshimura exhaust off again. Some people love it but i just like the deeper sound from my old exhaust system better. The yoshi sounds like a racing bike while my old exhaust sounded more bubbly like a harely. Another option would be to make one of the pipes 'dumb', basically block it with something so only 1 pipe actually works. That could increase the sound again.
Now i am waiting for the paint to dry for my ducati type seat and under hood. Will have more pics later today.

Edit: No more pics today, dealer didn't finish the paint job. Have to wait till tomorrow.
He told me again about the CBR250 parts which will fit into the MSX and will remove the rev limit and increase performance. Cost is around 1,200 USD. I will try to get the exact details tomorrow when i pick up the rest of my parts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can do what the kids around here do with their trucks, cut it all off and weld a straight piece of exhaust pipe on there: really noisy.

Think doing that is illegal though... so maybe not a good idea lol

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Replaced my exhaust with the yoshimura twin today and did some other minor mods. Waiting for the ducatti type of seat which should come tomorrow. More pictures tomorrow.. sorry for the quality :eek:

I also installed the honda wave 125 camshaft which gave a slight performance increase but it also makes some high pitched noise. The proper mechanic is gone until monday so i hope he can fix it once he is back.
New CDI kit is also ordered which should remove the rev limit.. have to wait about 1 week for it.
Very nice stuff Thai125!

Joe

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If anyone wants the Yoshimura exhaust, i will let it go for $300 + shipping costs (dhl).
Barely ran 50 kilometers, so its basically brand new.
Going to put my old exhaust back on.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts