Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have around 3k USD spare cash which i would like to spend on increasing the performance of my msx125. Excuse my newbie questions but its my first bike, so i am relaying on the experts here ;)

1. Can i add a turbo ? What does it cost?
2. Engine Swap? Which engine?
3. Is NOS possible?

The bike doesn't need to be street legal, since we can bribe our way out of almost everything here. I just want the maximum performance on the bike. High revs and acceleration are my priorities. Top speed is secondary.

Thanks,

Jay

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I would wait and see what comes out. Most first gen kits nitrous or turbo might have issues. If you want maximum performance I would do a big bore kit on a second engine if you can get your hands on one

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip but i don't really mind using the bike as guinea pig. Do you have any link to NOS or Turbo kits?

·
Registered
259 Posts
read arround the forum jay, there are posts concerning this matter already.. the thing is that most of the performance aftermarket parts are still being developed..

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Its a bit early. I'd just enjoy it as it is for now and wait for others to see how turbocharging or engine swaps will work out.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
smallest nitrous kit in THE WORLD

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
It's a different world over there. If payola happening with street cops so much would slip under the door. Not saying it doesn't happen but just higher up in the branches that we are not aware of.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why even bother with the engine swap already? That should be something to consider afterwards when the current engine is having issues.

Nos sure give it a shot :D

Turbo kti... I'd wait it out for the first successful kit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts