Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
congrats on the big win! really looking forward to future GOTM especially as more and more people start to get their Groms...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
sweet looking GROM. Can't wait to see it evolve even more.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
congrats! sharp looking bike, you definitely deserve it

Reactions: Gromination

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Everyone! WOW!!! Im wrapped!!! thanks so much!!!
I checked in 2 days before the voting closed and I was behind so I assumed I had lost! I have been really busy recently and today had some time to log in and browse around!! what a great surprise!!

Stoked to have won the first GOTM competition!

Thanks to the forum members for voting for me and the Administrators for holding the comp! You just made my day!

Straiught to facebook for you! lol
the guys that helped build my grom will be stoked to hear this too

Anyway ..... as far as plans go...

The grom is still as you see it... Im planning the following:

Sprocket upgrades
Mirrors
K&N air filter
Bore kit
Turbo!

Yep... The big T... stay tuned... Im currently talking to 2 shops in bangkok to get a feel for who I think will do a better job... my intent is to have fist loads of acceleration but not worry too much about top speed... even on a quiet traffic day I cant often find space to do more than about 80kmph (thats bangkok for ya)
but having a decent amount of punch makes the traffic a lot of fun...

Thanks again - I already have a plan for re-purposing the lunch box which I think will give you all a warm glow lol.

Ill definitely post pics as things develop.

:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi everyone!! Long time no chat...So today I received my prize!!!! It's super cool.. 2 nice new t-shirts, a key chain from troy designs, 2 grom forum stickers and the lunch box! The t-shirts are a great fit and I'll be wearing them to the local ride days :D
I cant post pics on here from my phone (site admin should look at joining tapatalk or a similar service) but I will send some in as soon as I get to my laptop.

Right now I'm writing this while waiting for my bike to be washed so I'll send some updated pics too.

Cheers and a big thanks to all those who voted and especially the site admin for shipping my prize all the way to BKK.

Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
Updated pics taken today

So here are some updated pics...
since the competition I have installed:

- custom rear turn signals (I knocked one of them off alignment by accident before I took the pics and only noticed after... they throttle side is correct alignment in the pics)
- Titanium center caps on the fairings and starter motor cover
- Stainless brake lines (rear one will be replaced as it is slightly too short... Ill do it when I make my swing arm swap
- adjustable levers
- mounted my number plate after getting sick of bribing the local cops every time I get pulled over
- 36 tooth rear sprocket and 14 tooth front - lots more torque which is fun
- new chain to match the sprockets
- front sprocket cover
- engine covers both sides

also lost my clutch side axle nut cap when some guy braked and turned into me (close quarters traffic scuff, nothing serious)

still watching and waiting on the engine mod side of things... the there is a 225cc kit in europe I would like but its super expensive... so yeah... undecided... the turbo rout I can do for about $1300 but I'm yet to ride another bike that has it to see if I'm willing to commit. The guy who owns the white turbo msx pictured all over the place says I can have a ride in May when he is back from an overseas trip so we will see...

anyway... enjoy the pics and thanks again

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts