GromForum.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hcEoya8TZw]MSX 125 Off Road - YouTube[/ame]
Trying out my honda MSX125 up some forestry roads. It coped very well with the rough roads - the front forks only bottomed out once. That number plate rattles though!

Reactions: hollyb

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Can't really tell but If I had to guess this is just the stock dampers on the Grom. Looks stable, just have to take lowered speeds on more jagged and rougher terrains.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've recently gotten into the crf110 and love trail riding on that.. It's amazing where these little bikes will go. I can't wait to take my grom and tear down some trails. I would really like to get that giant skid plate that is "available" for the grom and climb some hills with it.

It will be fun to get a dual registered bike! Come out of the trails with a dirty street bike, getting even dirtier looks! Can't wait!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm guessing it is a pretty rough vibration filled ride with the 12" street tires though. There is a reason offroad bikes/ dual sports have such large rim diameters to help reduce that effect. I wouldn't hesitate to take the Grom dirt tracking from time to time but I don't think it would be enjoyable for a long ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pretty slow off-roading. ;)

You'd probably need some better tires and better shocks to off-road with it at a more "reasonable" speed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts