Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Cool, man. I'm gonna use this on my wife. One of her main arguments against the Grom is that it isn't off road capable.

·
Administrator
20 Posts

Friend of mine just sent this video to me. Figured it came from here

·
Registered
201 Posts
Fantastic, absolutely Fantastic. This confirms everything i was hoping, my Grom is going to get chopped into a mini-scrambler, throw some little mudders on there, maybe some old school high pipes and fender delete, although i will have to figure out how to keep rocks from getting shot up into the engine...

BTW shot on a GoPro?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fantastic, absolutely Fantastic. This confirms everything i was hoping, my Grom is going to get chopped into a mini-scrambler, throw some little mudders on there, maybe some old school high pipes and fender delete, although i will have to figure out how to keep rocks from getting shot up into the engine...

BTW shot on a GoPro?
Hero2, 1080p, 30fps, Wide angle. I used the default mic in the camera for this impromptu offroading, but usually I have a Sony voice recorder I use to capture audio for better quality.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you at all concerned about hitting exhaust pipe on the front/bottom of the frame against a rock or something? While I plan to, I'm nervous about that pipe getting hit. It's just out there by itself. I'm waiting for someone to import one of those covers I keep seeing on the Thai sites. Then it will be complete.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you at all concerned about hitting exhaust pipe on the front/bottom of the frame against a rock or something? While I plan to, I'm nervous about that pipe getting hit. It's just out there by itself. I'm waiting for someone to import one of those covers I keep seeing on the Thai sites. Then it will be complete.
A plastic belly pan will do almost nothing to protect your bike. In fact, I've seen aluminum belly pans ripped to shreds from a fist sized rock. Truth be told, if something's going to hit the bottom of your bike then there isn't much you can do about it. The only way to be safe doing this is to always go on very light offroad terrain with minimal bumps and lots of visibility. Is that what I did? NOPE!

This is my toy bike and crushing my exhaust would just be an excuse to buy a replacement pipe even though I would be upset. Now to answer your question, am I concerned? NOPE! The wheelbase is so short on this bike that you would have to be going over a nearly basketball sized bump in order to bottom out the exhaust on the ground. If you are hitting bumps that big your suspension will be your limiting factor and it'll throw you off long before you crush your exhaust... so no, I'm not worried. I take it easy enough.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts