Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put down my deposit on Friday! I just can't wait. My dealer said he is only getting one unit (in black) per month starting in September. Well, the first one is ummm...MINE! I have decades of riding experience, with my current rides including 2009 CRF250X, 2009 TTR110, 2012 CRF100, 2004 CRF80F, 1996 Fast Fifties/Takegawa Z50R, also a stagnant 1979 CB 750F Super Sport. This new model seems to have added majic to the air, as I can (barely) recall the introduction of the original Honda Mini Trail which back then created a similar excitement. So now I am in wait mode while I research some of the cool aftermarket products that are already becoming available.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grom vs. Speedway

My buddy is big time into minibike restoration and sales. I can buy a NEW Rupp Black Widow Speedway edition from him for more than the Grom will cost. And don't think I didn't consider it. Alas, it would be a beautiful museum piece for me, just too beautiful to take outside. My Grom will be an everyday streetable rider, if I so desire.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
only Black

Thank you. He is getting one Grom and it happened to be black. I would have chosen red, but when I got home and showed my wife the different colors, she immediately fell in love with the black one. She is right. I'm just beside myself just waiting, and it's only been 2 days. Perhaps now I can forget about dual-sporting my CRF250X.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts