Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all already know the suspension is less than adequate but these are "playbikes" with bicycle suspensions... Time to make a motorcycle out of it.
The stock shock in all it's 1" of travel might is only 10oz lighter than the adjustable piggybacked Ohlins. wOw - So the stock shock is quite heavy for doing nothing.
Install was quick and painless. Ride is pure heaven. This little shock shows how bad the front suspension behaves.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good to hear.

I'm picking my Ohlins shock up from Paul at Tyga sport when i get back to Pattaya. Can't wait to see how it feels.

Hope there is a fork upgrade soon!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gonna prob get one but I'm gonna get the new one developed for the Grom by Ohlins and Composimo. Should be awesome!!!
LOL
They are identical. The development was done by Tyga in partnership with Ohlins. Matt Petterson was the test rider for the Grom and the Forza 300.
There is a difference tho.. the non import is $120 cheaper...aCK

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
So how does it feel with the Ohlin rear shock? Can you describe what sort of difference it adds to riding?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So how does it feel with the Ohlin rear shock? Can you describe what sort of difference it adds to riding?
"Smooth" response. No pogo'n or stiffness. Gentle dips and sharp dips are controlled into even movement... make sense?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts