Honda Grom Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to see a small rear rack and side guards for mini saddle bags and a small top box.This little bike would be great for single track back woods camping where the biker adventure bikes can't go.I wanna be able to toss on a change of clothes,my small coke can cook stove,and my small pack with my hammock in it.Just enough for 2 nights and three days.So maybe 20lbs of gear total.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.I saw that.I'd like a small rack that set just over the rear of the seat and had side gaurds for mini saddle bags.The UK member has a rack that is made mainly for a top box or tail bag.It's cool,just not quite what I'd be looking for.We have a lot of forest service roads around here and a few places where a rider can get lost in the mountains.That's so where I wanna be.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Thanks.I saw that.I'd like a small rack that set just over the rear of the seat and had side gaurds for mini saddle bags.The UK member has a rack that is made mainly for a top box or tail bag.It's cool,just not quite what I'd be looking for.We have a lot of forest service roads around here and a few places where a rider can get lost in the mountains.That's so where I wanna be.
Custom mods. Lets see ya do them!!! Build thread!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Custom mods. Lets see ya do them!!! Build thread!!!!
I don't have the equipment any more sold it all off years ago when I quite being a mechanic for hire.

seen the rear racks, some small hard panier bags would be awesome though!
Pannier bags is the word I been trying to remember.Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd like to see a small rear rack and side guards for mini saddle bags and a small top box.This little bike would be great for single track back woods camping where the biker adventure bikes can't go.I wanna be able to toss on a change of clothes,my small coke can cook stove,and my small pack with my hammock in it.Just enough for 2 nights and three days.So maybe 20lbs of gear total.
Does it have enough frame beneath the rear fender to carry any weight?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it have enough frame beneath the rear fender to carry any weight?
It has a tube steel frame to support a small passenger.I would surely think it could handle 20 to 30lbs of camp gear strapped to it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
With the location of the muffler high and on the right, it's going to be hard to get more than one side bag on there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
With the location of the muffler high and on the right, it's going to be hard to get more than one side bag on there.
ADV bikes use a smaller box and an offset mount to clear their pipes. No reason comes to mind why that wouldn't be a viable solution for the Grom as well.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess. It is a 5 liter. It actually came from a large caliber machine gun cleaning kit that had two 5 liter cans and a case with brushes.

That is smaller than my jerry cans.Mine are 19 liter.Where did you find those kits with those jerry cans?

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I just built this bike. I made the rear rack and jerry-can mount. The front rack is aftermarket. When my Grom arrives, we shall see what happens.....
Awesome love those custom jerry cans that you have on it. looks good keep up the good work ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts