Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I emailed Race Tech and finally heard back from them. I just want your guys feed back on what you think about theot pricing as well as of yoy have any other suggestions or ideas to get this grom set up for me. Thanks everyone.

Hey ya'll,

Ok so I am sure that you guys have been absolutely flooded with questions about suspension set ups for the Honda grom. I admit that I am yet another one. I just got my grom and being that I am 5'8" and 280 on a good day the suspension is total crap.*

I just had the suspension on my 2012 CBR1000rr build by a local shop in Orange County, CA. It made a huge difference and now I know that I will be needing it for the grom.

So my questions are as follows:

Can you rebuild the front big piston styled forks to handle me at my current weight? *Yes we have springs, valves, and a dampner rod that can extend the forks and the travel 20mm. *

Do you offer an adjustable rear shock replacement that would be able to hold me?* Yes our popular shock right now is a Piggyback shock with High and low speed compression and rebound adjust. $1049.99 is the cost and it takes about 3 weeks to build.

If yes to one or both of these questions how much would it cost, for one, the other or both?*The cost for the front forks is $125.00 labor, $50.00 Remove Lugs, Springs $149.99, Valve with Damper Rod $399.99, oil $30.00 total $754.98. *

I am local, living in Irvine, Ca. It would not be a problem to bring it down and drop it off in Corona. I appreciate you guys taking the time to read my email and get back to me with a response.*You can bring the bike down and drop it off it is a 5-7 business day turn around time. *Please let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm still in the measuring and plotting stage but I'm leaning towards a set of showa forks for the cr85 might fit the stock triples won't know for sure until I can get measurements and its still riding weather here. I'm pretty much certain I'm gonna use a fox float mxr rear shock half the cost more travel infinite spring rates the big factor is gonna be eyelet size and if I can get it set up for my weight. 2 grand of suspension work seems really steep for a 3000 dollar bike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in the same boat. Nothing against race tech but 2 grand to set up the suspension on the grom is kind of of ridiculous. I just had a custom full suspension job done for my 2012 cbr1000rr for $1200. So if you find anything out please keep me posted.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
in a couple months the cnc shop that has my grom may have some emulators and preload adjusters.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
This seems to be more of a custom option.

Advantages are that its custom, Im assuming there is some sort of warranty for the work.

There are other options but alot of them aren't local (other countries) and they also aren't custom. They are still tuned and built for a certain kind of weight and style of riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts