Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a beautiful day in San Francisco today at 8am at St Mary's Cathedral where they held the HAM radio test for Technician, General and Extra. There must have been over a 100 people taking the test. It was a class study and the test was taken at the end of the day around 4pm. I passed and missed two questions out of 35 question test mostly on HF theory, Antenna propagation and theory and various type of radio circuits and tuned circuits and FCC rules etc.

Anyway my next test and final test with be the Extra class license. Then off to helicopter student class to learn to fly helicopters.

Now I can get back to working on my Grom and other motorcycles around my house.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been meaning to go take the test for the last 3 years .... I have 5 2 meter radios that we use for off roading ..
For 2m you'll need the Technician license, it is best that the whole family takes it or friends that will be using the radio.

Don't want to be caught with out a FCC license plus when shit hits the fan all the cell phone service and telephone service will be knocked out or off the air and the only thing that you can rely on is the 2 way radios such as FRS or CB or Ham.

Baofeng makes some good cheap radios that work really well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts