Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I say we require insurance to for people to walk anywhere. Was just on my way to the store on my lovely grom and whammo some numbnuts decides to walk his dog out in front of me. Quick reflexes resulted in a minor slide and some pavement. Fortunately the only resulting damage was a little road rash on me and a broken turn signal on the bike. Just had to rant a little and just remind everyone to ride safe.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah glad your ok. There are some things you can fix and some things you can't, stupid is one of them. I don't think insurance covers stupid!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys yeah we both got lucky I was thinking about taking the car in which case there wouldn't have been much other option than to slam on the brakes and hit both of them :-/ that's the biggest downside to living in a college town the kids tend to be oblivious. Ocean city is worse and I refuse to ride there when the tourons are in season I've had too many friends seriously hurt there. On a positive note now that I had an excuse to I went ahead and ordered some fleabay flush mount signals. The end of the clutch lever got ground up a little too but thankfully the.plastics are still pristine.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
City? Illinois is a ped first state and you're required by law to stop... Not to be an ass but how fast ere you going?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
30ish md yes peds have the right of way in cross walks that wasn't the case here its kinda hard to avoid them when they run their dog in front of you without looking. All I could do was lean and grab brake

·
Registered
86 Posts
In Canada we have medical insurance for everyone (in the US you have some type of healthcare law i am told.) Isn't that basically pedestrian insurance?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol bama care is a joke I'm talking about being able to file a claim against someone for being an <3 (asshat for you non don and mikers) and causing an accident, pedestrian or not. It happens all the time in Salisbury and o.c. I was just ranting although you should be held accountable for causing a crash as a pedestrian. I mean if you walk out in the middle of rt50 20 feet in front of a car going 55 wtf is the driver supposed to do? If a bicyclist is held to the rules of the road so should a runner.

·
Registered
995 Posts
In Canada we have medical insurance for everyone (in the US you have some type of healthcare law i am told.) Isn't that basically pedestrian insurance?
I know some americans even have a dual citizenship or what ever they call it, so when they need some costly work done they go to Canada :D

That might be something to consider for some of the people on here

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
30ish md yes peds have the right of way in cross walks that wasn't the case here its kinda hard to avoid them when they run their dog in front of you without looking. All I could do was lean and grab brake
Illinois I believe PEDs have the right away even while jay walking... But 30 mpg you could've swerved....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish man I had literally 10 feet to react on a narrow ass street a swerve would have been a parked car its all good though I didn't hit him or the dog :) new markers on the way already

1 - 12 of 12 Posts