Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would the Grom fair in the Zombie Apocalypse? It's agile, quick, great on gas, silent killer. Which motor bike would you choose?

·
Registered
13 Posts
You think there would be a chance Daryl would get rid of his bike and use a Grom in Walking Dead?

It would be a great bike for quick runs and escaping, but would need more equipment as a survivalist bike for the sheer amount of crap you would be carrying with you everywhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems like a good bike to me. After the fall of civilization the roads will probably degrade quickly. There will be no need for a fast bike because you will just crash. The offroad capability would be important, as would fuel economy.

Guns are probably the least effective weapon against zombies! Better to just leave the scene than try to fight it out. The grom is small enough to easily bring it into a defensible building with you.

Yeah, a good zombie bike!

- John

·
Registered
10 Posts
haha I wonder if that bike would actually be street legal ... I know a local guy put "machine gun" barrels on the hood of his Hummer but that would be freakin awesome if I could get that... "Cut me off and not look will ya!? *honks horn that sounds like machine guns*"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Grom or small dual sport.

Daryl's chopper would be a terrible choice, zombies that are attracted to noise everywhere and he's riding around on a bike with what is essentially straight pipes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd vote almost, but not quite.

My ideal zombie bike would be a Yamaha Zuma.

It has no EFI and doesn't even need the battery to run. You can kick start it, get 100 mpg, and even have storage under the seat for scavenging runs. Since it's automatic it keeps your left hand free to hold a weapon or whatever.

P.S. I was banned from a scooter forum for posting a picture of my Zuma with a SOG tactical tomahawk on the seat. The moderator thought I took it too far and was a "creepy guy" :rolleyes: Glad the Grom crowd seems to have more of a sense of humor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Another thing while we're on this topic: I live by the Boy Scout Motto... Be Prepared. While the chance of a zombie apocalypse is truthfully impossible (sorry zombie lovers), a real disaster is NOT that far fetched. The only good thing this whole zombie craze has done is enabled a lot more people to at least think of a plan in case things go south. The more people that are prepared for an emergency the fewer idiots we'll have looting and running amuck.

Here are the contents of my bug out bag (yes it all fits in one standard sized duffel).

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Another thing while we're on this topic: I live by the Boy Scout Motto... Be Prepared. While the chance of a zombie apocalypse is truthfully impossible (sorry zombie lovers), a real disaster is NOT that far fetched. The only good thing this whole zombie craze has done is enabled a lot more people to at least think of a plan in case things go south. The more people that are prepared for an emergency the fewer idiots we'll have looting and running amuck.

Here are the contents of my bug out bag (yes it all fits in one standard sized duffel).

Is that the snap on multitool kit? If so that thing is garbage. Throw it away before it fails on you when you need it.

Get a proper leatherman multitool and surefire flashlight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is that the snap on multitool kit? If so that thing is garbage. Throw it away before it fails on you when you need it.

Get a proper leatherman multitool and surefire flashlight.
Really? That's sad Snap On would put their name on a junky item. I got it as a Christmas gift and just opened the lid long enough to take this picture before throwing it in the emergency kit.

I already have 2x Surefire flashlights... one mounted on the AR and the other mounted on the Mossberg. I also have an LED lantern, a solar panel, and another USB chargeable LED flashlight in the kit.

My zombie response vehicle (2012 Tacoma off-road) has a lot more gear in it since we like to go camping. This bag is just for a quick grab and go... could actually take all of this stuff with me on a Grom.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bet the Grom is pretty quiet and would work in a pinch until the pavement ended and got muddy or really rough.

That TW is a sweet setup. ^

·
Registered
21 Posts
This thread is funny because when I get a Grom I want to totally ratbike it out and it would be cool to do a zombie theme.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts