Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if you can buy a chip to boost performance via the fuel injection?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No clue Grom Guy. I was hoping someone had an inside scope on a Thai mod chip that would increase fuel to match getting a new exhaust. I'd be happy with even small gains. From what I've experienced with bikes there is always some room to boost power right from the factory. Most new bikes seem to be de-tuned a bit from the factory for one reason or another such as smog control.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
There will likely be some kind of tuning add ons showing up in the future.

Personally I'm skeptical on the gains for such a small CC motor.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll take 10-15%, I have a 140cc Lifan motor in my 1972 CT90 (trail 90) I can't have my old bike beating my new bike.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I would guess even with tuning for the 125cc in the grom wouldn't yield too much of a gain but tuning would make the most from the fuel we use.

·
Registered
175 Posts
how much of an increase in performance can we expect with this?
and what would one cost approximately.
It would be a lie if you can expect a 30+% increase for performance from fuel mapping with a motor of this size. I'd say probably closer to 5-8% if any.

Possible in the range of $300-500 for the cost referencing on piggy back fuel modules.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fry guy,
It wasn't that bad to put the 140 into the CT but its not a direct drop in. you have to do some grinding and massage a bit. I did two at the same time. One for me and one for my Brother. He is selling his now in Seattle if your interested.
not to threadjack, but how bad was the lifan install on your CT?

·
Registered
2 Posts
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dyno-Boost-Adjustable-Controller-Performance-Honda/dp/B00DKVAT48]Dyno-Boost Adjustable Fuel Controller Performance Chip Honda Grom 125 - Authentic Magnum : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts