Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New swing arm and shock is a whole new riding experience. The swing arm is adjustable in height and is a bit longer then the original one, so you have a better balance on the bike, but you also need a new chain.
Put some 'socks' on my levelers which is a nice shifting and breaking experience.
Pictures below..

..stay tuned :motorcycle3_smilie:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided to bring all the red parts to the painter tomorrow and turn them into black. Swing arm, levelers etc.. on saturday i will pick up those parts:

Basically turning the grom into a proper Mini Ducati - i don't really like the different types of red on the bike. Needs to he be all the same color, so black is the easiest thing to do.
For the exhaust - i have the exact same one here.. so i will cut them up and make it 2 exhausts pipes on each side. The 2 additional pipes will be 'dumb' and not actually connected to the air flow. I want to keep the current sound. Then the grom/msx should be perfect in my opinion :)
I will keep you posted!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I decided to bring all the red parts to the painter tomorrow and turn them into black. Swing arm, levelers etc.. on saturday i will pick up those parts:

Basically turning the grom into a proper Mini Ducati - i don't really like the different types of red on the bike. Needs to he be all the same color, so black is the easiest thing to do.
For the exhaust - i have the exact same one here.. so i will cut them up and make it 2 exhausts pipes on each side. The 2 additional pipes will be 'dumb' and not actually connected to the air flow. I want to keep the current sound. Then the grom/msx should be perfect in my opinion :)
I will keep you posted!
Awesome grom! Love your feed and bike looking great!

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Looking good! That is one sexy ass grom. the color scheme makes it stand out so much I'm sure you get a fair share of turned heads when you ride around town. What else do you have planned?

·
Registered
998 Posts
That looks really good but I would have gone to a wide tire kit on the back, max at 5-6" across and that would have looked cool. It is cool now but a little more meat is needed in the back.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks really good but I would have gone to a wide tire kit on the back, max at 5-6" across and that would have looked cool. It is cool now but a little more meat is needed in the back.
Great idea! Will get bigger wheels and the wide tire kit. Thanks for the tip! ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I will keep you posted!
so the Monster Grom is going to run a quad set-up with 2 dummies? all 4 undertail? I'm curioussss

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so the Monster Grom is going to run a quad set-up with 2 dummies? all 4 undertail? I'm curioussss
That was the original plan, but i have had 2 different exhausts on it in the meantime and the third one is on its way... :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts