Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a uni air filter. after looking it looks like it will be crammed in there. I wonder if its even worth it to lose the airbox. lets discuss pros and cons

·
Registered
256 Posts
I want to lose my airbox, when I bought my tidy tail I also bought a throttle body clocking flange. I want to point the throttle body forward and have a short tube heading up a few inches with some room to have a mount for the intake air temp sensor.

Pros, more air less weight.
Cons, need to buy an exhaust too and eventually a efi controller / programmer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my question is will the fuek injection make up for the big change in air volume and will it run good/better.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
talked to a few mechanics today at fox powersports. with filter and exhaust bike will run too lean. im waiting til I get a fuel controller

·
Registered
128 Posts
I haven't done anything to the air box and although I prefer a washable, reusable filter, I didn't even go there because the oem filter is really cheap...under $10.

I don't race either, but I always wondered how safe it is for the engine to ride above redline? When I look down and see I am over redline, I slow down (or switch gears) although I see people on race tracks riding well above redline. If you do mods to get additional performance out of the Grom, don't you have to reset the rev. limiter too? I already hit redline easily with my stock Grom, so I have been reluctant to try and get more speed out of it. What is the risk to the engine of riding say 70 mph consistently with a modified Grom? I know nobody can say for sure, but what is your estimate on engine/valve life?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts